Apple Music  Now with lossless high-res and spatial audio
Jun 17, 2022 at 5:06 PM Post #827 of 871
Jun 17, 2022 at 5:21 PM Post #828 of 871
Do any of you get a pop/stutter when first playing a song? Only happens the first time but it’s consistent and across all my devices.

Jun 17, 2022 at 10:45 PM Post #829 of 871
Do any of you get a pop/stutter when first playing a song? Only happens the first time but it’s consistent and across all my devices.

I often have a momentary (quarter second or less) speed-up of the track at the 2-3 second mark when starting songs on the Mac. I have no idea what causes it. I don't think I've noticed it on the iPhone.

Jun 17, 2022 at 11:39 PM Post #830 of 871

Yes, it happens on my iPhone, usually only on the first track of an album. If I skip back and start over it doesn’t happen. It’s a weird and internment bug that doesn’t show consistent behavior.

Jun 18, 2022 at 3:48 AM Post #831 of 871
So, been using on y iPad and decided to get a DAC. Got the Hiby FC3 from amazon but waiting for the cable to arrive from China. So I tried it out on my Galaxy A32 5g with the Apple Music app set to Hi-Rez and it only plays at PCM 32-48kHz. Anyone know a fix?
I may be wrong in saything this but I think the only way to play bit perfect stuff on android phones is by using USB audio player Pro app.

Jun 18, 2022 at 8:11 PM Post #832 of 871
I may be wrong in saything this but I think the only way to play bit perfect stuff on android phones is by using USB audio player Pro app.
No, you are not wrong, it's the only way for USB DACs. Some phones like LG V30 allow wired phones to get bit perfect through internal Hi-Fi DAC, you need to turn on this option.

Last edited:
Jun 18, 2022 at 8:24 PM Post #833 of 871
No, you are not wrong, it's the only way for USB DACs. Some phones like LG V30 allow wired phones to get bit perfect through internal Hi-Fi DAC, you need to turn on this option.

This is a long standing and frustrating “feature” of Android. HiBy was able to bypass the down-sample and get a bit perfect output out of their Android based R6 2020 and that’s the exact reason I bought one.

Jun 19, 2022 at 7:55 PM Post #834 of 871

Well luckily I got it to work with my iPad which is what I really wantEd anyway. So everything is good.

Jul 9, 2022 at 10:18 AM Post #835 of 871
Hey all, does anyone else find that Apple Music (Hi-Res) doesn’t always sample at the correct bit rates. I’ve been using my chord mojo 2 and listening to music on apple Music and have found that the mojo sample colour is not matching the bit-rate specified on the album details. In some cases, where it should be 192 (blue on mojo), it samples at 96 (green on mojo). I thought it might be the Mojo 2, but i tested on Quobuz and everything works fine? I had the same issue when listening on my iPad too? Anyone have any idea why this happens? P.s. It sounds noticeably better on Quobuz!

Last edited:
Jul 9, 2022 at 3:42 PM Post #836 of 871
Hey all, does anyone else find that Apple Music (Hi-Res) doesn’t always sample at the correct bit rates. I’ve been using my chord mojo 2 and listening to music on apple Music and have found that the mojo sample colour is not matching the bit-rate specified on the album details. In some cases, where it should be 192 (blue on mojo), it samples at 96 (green on mojo). I thought it might be the Mojo 2, but i tested on Quobuz and everything works fine? I had the same issue when listening on my iPad too? Anyone have any idea why this happens? P.s. It sounds noticeably better on Quobuz!
I’m using an FC3 on the iPad and it seems to show correct LED color when it’s plpaying Hi-Rez.

Jul 10, 2022 at 4:24 AM Post #837 of 871
I’m using an FC3 on the iPad and it seems to show correct LED color when it’s plpaying Hi-Rez.
Yes, I’ve turned it the setting for automatically allowing the Dolby atmos feature, that has seemed to do the trick. Although, every one and then it still doesn’t sample correctly.

Interestingly, also doing a SQ comparison (AB) with Apple Music and Quobuz, and I’m noticing that the Quobuz is slightly better on the SQ. will probably also try tidal too.

Jul 15, 2022 at 6:02 PM Post #838 of 871
Yes, I’ve turned it the setting for automatically allowing the Dolby atmos feature, that has seemed to do the trick. Although, every one and then it still doesn’t sample correctly.

Interestingly, also doing a SQ comparison (AB) with Apple Music and Quobuz, and I’m noticing that the Quobuz is slightly better on the SQ. will probably also try tidal too.
Ok, I had it happen today, the indicator was showing lossless, cd bit rate, for every bit rate song and did so on every track until I pulled out my dac and reattached it. Then it was indicating correctly.

Jul 25, 2022 at 1:12 AM Post #839 of 871
Is there an app that can control a headless Mac's Apple Music (and it's full library) from iOS or MacOS? I recently figured out how to send the Apple Music stream to HQPlayer so wanted to give it a proper evaluation to see if I can ditch Roon/Tidal but a proper controller is critical. As far as I've searched, there's only the iOS Remote app but that only allows access to the traditional iTunes library, not Apple Music. Then there's screen sharing which is clunky and not really a proper solution.

Jul 25, 2022 at 11:53 AM Post #840 of 871
Is there an app that can control a headless Mac's Apple Music (and it's full library) from iOS or MacOS? I recently figured out how to send the Apple Music stream to HQPlayer so wanted to give it a proper evaluation to see if I can ditch Roon/Tidal but a proper controller is critical. As far as I've searched, there's only the iOS Remote app but that only allows access to the traditional iTunes library, not Apple Music. Then there's screen sharing which is clunky and not really a proper solution.
Hopefully Apple will come out with some kind of handoff feature like Spotify Connect. Right now I believe can only do that with the HomePod mini and maybe Apple TV. But really they should allow you to control any device running Apple Music.

Hoping for some more announcements later this year when they release their classical app. Would think those people would more likely want to listen on a home setup, so lossless Airplay 2 or a handoff feature would be important. I guess even a HomePod with digital line outs would be a solutions for some.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back