Apple Music  Now with lossless high-res and spatial audio
Jun 9, 2021 at 4:11 PM Post #228 of 871
I’ve had blue lights, green lights and red lights on my mojo fed by iPhone. It all sounds great. Im not convinced on the selectable options yet or the spacial audio thing. The Marvin Gaye demo did sound good but some quick browsing of others not so much. More fun playing due. So far, as a subscriber to both tidal for me and Apple Music for family - I’m happy to be saving the cost of tidal from now on.

Android music app is still unchanged on my HiBy though. Intrigued how that’s going to work.

Jun 9, 2021 at 4:18 PM Post #229 of 871
I’ve had blue lights, green lights and red lights on my mojo fed by iPhone. It all sounds great. Im not convinced on the selectable options yet or the spacial audio thing. The Marvin Gaye demo did sound good but some quick browsing of others not so much. More fun playing due. So far, as a subscriber to both tidal for me and Apple Music for family - I’m happy to be saving the cost of tidal from now on.

Same. Still I think Tidal is really good as it gives good suggestions but I also love Apple Music and now with lossless at no additional cost it is a no-brained for me, moving to AM 100%. I will also cancel Spotify although I love the canvas feature but can’t justify paying 10 Euros per month just for this.

Apple Music Family subscription is such a bargain now.

Jun 9, 2021 at 4:21 PM Post #230 of 871
It sounds great on my Mojo, too. I use a Poly, and the new lossless sounds amazing via AirPlay (even if you only get a red light). A huge relief as Poly has been a headache to use until now.

Android music app is still unchanged on my HiBy though. Intrigued how that’s going to work.
There's no sign that they are going to do any of this for Android or PC yet. You may want to switch to Tidal or Qobuz if you want to use the HiBy.

Jun 9, 2021 at 5:09 PM Post #232 of 871
There's no sign that they are going to do any of this for Android or PC yet. You may want to switch to Tidal or Qobuz if you want to use the HiBy.
Really? I assumed it was Apple Music. Not Apple Music on iOS. Surely it’ll happen?
It seems pretty certain that is coming to the Android app. Switches for lossless have been spotted in the APK (back in May). Apple will switch it on at some point soon.

Jun 9, 2021 at 8:47 PM Post #233 of 871
Does anyone know if using an iPad with CCK USB, is a poorer signal. Than going direct to a MacBook Pro with USB?

Jun 9, 2021 at 8:54 PM Post #234 of 871
I strongly recommend as many people as possible give feedback to Apple and ask them for automated music sample- and bit-rate matching with the Core Audio output, as well as "exclusive output mode" so that the output to devices from Apple Music is bit-perfect.

If many people request it, then it is more likely to happen. You can give feedback here: https://www.apple.com/feedback/apple-music.html
Man I honestly cannot believe Apple failed so thoroughly here. They literally built the APIs for this and just decided not to use them.

Jun 9, 2021 at 10:56 PM Post #236 of 871
I have my Apple TV4K connected to my tv with Hdmi and the Tv connected to my Yamaha preamp by optical toslink. Then the preamp to my old Denon amp and B&W speakers. I have been trying the combination with a few lossless tracks from Apple music (the Apple Tv does not do hires) and I was very positively impressed. Looking forward to have the whole catalog in lossless!
Also looking forward to the Android version of Apple Music for my A&K SR25 dap and to the PC version of Apple Music, I guess an updated Itunes?

Can you tell me how did you get lossless in Apple TV 4k and how did you confirm that is lossless? I'm also using Apple TV 4K but I cannot see any indication of lossless

Jun 9, 2021 at 11:55 PM Post #237 of 871
think I will try apple music with 24/192Khz.
will all ios device with right iOS and camera adapter decode 24/192Khz? without issues/dropouts etc...
So far, I have chance upon 2 24/192khz soungs. Hotel California and Colour of the Wind.

Jun 10, 2021 at 12:19 AM Post #238 of 871
I doubt a regular tech support person would even know what you were talking about :)
You would hope they have an extensive internal documentation available to their frontline, or a well optimised process of escalating questions to the backline, in case someone doesn’t have a good answer for a customer.

Jun 10, 2021 at 2:10 AM Post #240 of 871
It seems pretty certain that is coming to the Android app. Switches for lossless have been spotted in the APK (back in May). Apple will switch it on at some point soon.
It’s already been reported that lossless/hi-res will come to Android, but Dolby Atmos will not.
Glad to hear I am wrong about this!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back