Apple iPod (5G) Battery Policy and Question
Sep 29, 2006 at 3:28 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 11

bLue_oNioN

Headphoneus Supremus
Two quick questions.

1. If an iPod 5G has been purchased for more than one year, but begins to exhibit poor battery performance, can you still send it into Apple and have it replaced for free? (i.e. you send the unit in, they send you a refurb unit)

2. There are some replacement batteries out on the market for pretty reasonable prices, the following being an example of such:
http://www.welovemacs.com/ipintrbat5g.html
The product claims "up to 70% more capacity than [the] original Apple battery" and includes self-installation tools -- all for $20. Is this a good route to take, or should I be wary of these schemes?

Sep 29, 2006 at 3:37 AM Post #3 of 11
Quote:

Originally Posted by grawk
1. No
2. Yes

Thank you for your reply!

Not too sure what you meant by your second answer though -- yes to "this is a good route" or "be wary"?

Sep 29, 2006 at 4:08 AM Post #5 of 11
no doubt the battery will work fine, just don't expect it to be more capacious than the stock one.

Sep 29, 2006 at 5:47 AM Post #6 of 11
There are plenty of aftermarket batteries and they are actually not that hard to replace yourself. Some batteries last longer than Apple's original battery.

Go to iLounge.com and you'll get plenty of tips on both of your questions.

Sep 29, 2006 at 1:39 PM Post #10 of 11
Quote:

Originally Posted by bLue_oNioN
Why don't they have any replacement batteries for the iPod 5G? It's been a while since the 5G has been released!

I called, 5th gen's are still under warranty.
confused.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back