Apple introducing high definition audio playback in iOS 8...
Sep 10, 2014 at 5:46 PM Post #16 of 18
Well, there is amarket for pigs that can fly. Apple could bring the sauce (read: source) if they were not daft, but instead they acquired the Beats by Dre brand.

I have Golden Ears, but it is not by any means seamless.

Well, I wonder if Apple can see the $$$$ by re-marketing old material in higher res formats.  

Sep 11, 2014 at 11:20 AM Post #17 of 18
So the only reason why I'm still on an ipod is because it's got 160GB of storage and paired with my fiio e17 and a LOD cable it sounds great. apple has their own lossless format which is better than nothing.

only problem I have is sometimes i want to listen to podcast and audio books which I end up putting on my ipad because i can just stream it through bluetooth since audio quality is not needed. I'd love to just have everything on my phone. when listening to music I can hook up the e17 and go bluetooth when listening to other stuff.

So compared to the ipod classic do you guys think the audio on the 6 will compare? With 128GB it's very tempting.

I'm going to go ahead and get it anyway. I am eligible for an upgrade and if I don't like it I am sure I will have absolutely no trouble reselling it and probably make a profit.

Sep 11, 2014 at 11:32 AM Post #18 of 18
I can see them offering lossless and high-res (e.g., 24-bit, 192 kHz) files in iTunes... some people aren't satisfied with 256 kb/s AAC and it prevents losses to the other high-res music vendors.

They probably won't sell DFF or DSF files, though. Apple and Sony (one of DSD's developers) go together like oil and water.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back