Apple iBuds Appreciation Thread
May 31, 2010 at 1:44 AM Post #17 of 28
You mean "deprecation."
smile.gif

May 31, 2010 at 1:52 AM Post #18 of 28
iBuds aren't bad, definitely beats the fake CX300s on the internet.

May 31, 2010 at 5:40 AM Post #19 of 28
Ha hah. What a great thread.

I was actually surprised by how much the stock iBuds didn't suck. If they were a little less chalky in the mids and a little punchier in the bass I'd say they sound pretty good. 

If Apple made similar sounding stock buds with a sound isolating design, I'd consider using them regularly. But no sound isolation means no use for me...

May 31, 2010 at 5:50 AM Post #20 of 28
HAHA! This thread is great! Since I've never taken the iBuds out of the box, I can't say I "appreciate" them.  That's never stopped me from telling people they should upgrade their headphones, though!  Oh well, at least we all understand...

May 31, 2010 at 6:27 AM Post #21 of 28
How about amped? I would like to see how these bad boys perform with a nice rig setup. According to Apple's website the iBuds are intended to be driven by high end equipment!

May 31, 2010 at 6:46 AM Post #22 of 28
I think that the iPod should be sold with at least a 150-200$ headphones,in-ear because they sell you a great expensive player with 2$ headphones and many people don't realize it.

May 31, 2010 at 3:11 PM Post #23 of 28
I think that DAPs and such shouldn't even come with 'phones of any type.  Save a few bucks and expand the higher end headphone market by making everyone go out and buy a pair themselves.  They'll probably actually think about it if they have to purchase it separately.

Pipe dreams...

May 31, 2010 at 4:28 PM Post #24 of 28
I actually think the Apple buds are NOT as bad sounding as SO many people here make them out to be. I see two main reasons for this: a) the need to justify spending often a lot on other IEM's, and b) the need/ wish to be (or appear to be) different from the rest of the crowd, this often coupled by a wish to be noticed using different gear. And if it's customs, and they're the JH13/ 16's, it very often gets much MUCH worse & ridiculous even.

Jun 18, 2010 at 1:29 PM Post #27 of 28
I have found the iBuds that came with 3rd gen Shuffle an improvement over the old 2nd gen iBuds that shipped with the iPods before the birth of Classic. However, they fail to handle some orchestral pieces well, for example, lows on the strings are sometimes muffled.

I really like the sound of the MX760 buds - they are warm and sweet to me without losing the balance. Unfortunately they're a little big for my ears, and the new iBuds, being smaller, feel more comfortable.

Maybe this explains why ppl ask for them to go to the gym with in the For Sale forum?

Mar 19, 2015 at 2:05 AM Post #28 of 28
Just ran across my old apple earbuds and am giving them a go. Not sure if they're from my Nano 4G or 2G classic. Kinda surprisingly decent in a quiet room at low volumes (not terrible separation but a little bright/distorted), considering they are the first headphones that annoyed me enough to care about what headphones I was using and drove me into blindly buying my first decent pair (some marked-up sony on-ear monitors from the guitar shop). Almost makes me want to revisit the earbud experience with a higher end model. Almost.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back