Apple iBuds Appreciation Thread
May 29, 2010 at 11:15 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 28

ajkda

Head-Fier
I realised no one started an apple ibud appreciation thread...

Why?

Most of public uses them everywhere you turn your head, someones there with the white ibuds.

And the ibuds are definitely decent sounding not as bad ppl claim them to be here.

BOMBS AWAY

May 30, 2010 at 12:04 AM Post #2 of 28
I've hurt my ears countless times wearing them.
I've watched many a podcast and tv show while eating dinner at night.

I still have an unused, still wrapped pair sitting in my drawer waiting on my next movie oriented DAP. 

May 30, 2010 at 12:09 AM Post #4 of 28
It does and I used to appreciate much its sq. But my perspective took 180 degree turn when I bought an IEM at my local shop on sale for $20 (discounted from $45). That was also when I found my new love for IEM;Didn't know they are that good. I came across this site soon after it had broken. As you can imagine, I'm transformed into IEM snob by all those reviews. :) I'm now super snobbish and don't mind spending over hundred dollars for it. Hell, I even take a hit($80) and returning back my IE7 that I bought couple of weeks ago to buy more expensive FX700. I missed those days when I looked those people, who spent hundred of dollars on IEM, in disbelief. Now I'm one of them.
biggrin.gif
Anywayyy, I still used ibud in gym. They are good for that.

May 30, 2010 at 12:39 AM Post #5 of 28

Quote:
It does and I used to appreciate much its sq. But my perspective took 180 degree turn when I bought an IEM at my local shop on sale for $20 (discounted from $45). That was also when I found my new love for IEM;Didn't know they are that good. I came across this site soon after it had broken. As you can imagine, I'm transformed into IEM snob by all those reviews. :) I'm now super snobbish and don't mind spending over hundred dollars for it. Hell, I even take a hit($80) and returning back my IE7 that I bought couple of weeks ago to buy more expensive FX700. I missed those days when I looked those people, who spent hundred of dollars on IEM, in disbelief. Now I'm one of them.
biggrin.gif
Anywayyy, I still used ibud in gym. They are good for that.

x2. Great way to put it. 
darthsmile.gif

May 30, 2010 at 12:51 AM Post #6 of 28
They sound mediocre, but the thing that gets me about them is the terrible build. If they were built better they might be slightly more decent.
It's so easy to spend $15 and get some Kramer moddable Marshmallows and get an exponential increase in sound quality.

May 30, 2010 at 1:02 AM Post #8 of 28
and iBuds appreciation thread? first i think we'd have top find someone who actually appreciates iBuds. So far this is more of a discussion thread, full of mostly bashing.

Though someone mentioned the marshmellows above, i went and bought a pair around a year ago, and while they might be better than the ibuds, i wouldnt call it exponential, becuase even the marshmellows still make my ears bleed. Whereas if you jump up to the ety er6i's(which last time i checked were around 50 bucks on amazon) thats where i would start calling them passable earphones, they at least have enough clarity to warrant listening too.

May 30, 2010 at 1:26 AM Post #9 of 28
I, for one, definitely appreciate iBuds. If everyone were into hi-fi, just think how fast good IEMs would sell out and then how long we'd all have to wait for them to restock. 
tongue.gif

May 30, 2010 at 1:36 AM Post #10 of 28
Err you mean a bigger market would cause a greater spectrum of products and higher average quality with greater average affordability. If IEM can be compared to watches, I say a single Rolex is not worth fifty or even a hundred seikos.

May 30, 2010 at 1:43 AM Post #11 of 28

Quote:
Err you mean a bigger market would cause a greater spectrum of products and higher average quality with greater average affordability. If IEM can be compared to watches, I say a single Rolex is not worth fifty or even a hundred seikos.

Agree with the theory, but that's a pretty bad example. High end or luxury watches don't do anything better than low end watches. At least with IEMs you expect a qualitative increase of some sort from the higher priced items. With watches, the highest quality available - if you define quality as referring to accuracy of time keeping, reliability, and durability - belongs your average $50 electronic timex. Analog watches are inferior in every respect to their digital bretheren.

May 30, 2010 at 1:50 AM Post #13 of 28

Quote:
Agree with the theory, but that's a pretty bad example. High end or luxury watches don't do anything better than low end watches. At least with IEMs you expect a qualitative increase of some sort from the higher priced items. With watches, the highest quality available - if you define quality as referring to accuracy of time keeping, reliability, and durability - belongs your average $50 electronic timex. Analog watches are inferior in every respect to their digital bretheren.

Except classiness and beauty... :3

May 30, 2010 at 6:18 AM Post #14 of 28
When it comes to earbuds, I would think that Yuin (PK series), Sennheiser (new MX series) and AKG (K319) are much better. Then there's the Blox TM5.
But I do not think that those wearing ibuds care about something inferior which is not made by Apple...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back