Apple EarPods Thread
Feb 24, 2013 at 10:57 AM Post #136 of 419
WHY IN THE RIGHT MIND WOULD YOU "PRAISE" THESE? These little things arent worth 99 cents,but there priced at 29$'s! i would burn them if i owned them,tried them at a apple store and i almost pucked at how bad they sucked.

Feb 24, 2013 at 1:13 PM Post #137 of 419
Quote:
WHY IN THE RIGHT MIND WOULD YOU "PRAISE" THESE? These little things arent worth 99 cents,but there priced at 29$'s! i would burn them if i owned them,tried them at a apple store and i almost pucked at how bad they sucked.

That's a little harsh. They are actually pretty decent for stock buds but other than receiving them with your Idevices, who in their right mind would go out and buy them at the stores for $29. Would rather get the Vsonic GR02 Bass/ Soundmagic E10 for $35 over them.

Feb 24, 2013 at 5:30 PM Post #138 of 419
Quote:
That's a little harsh. They are actually pretty decent for stock buds but other than receiving them with your Idevices, who in their right mind would go out and buy them at the stores for $29. Would rather get the Vsonic GR02 Bass/ Soundmagic E10 for $35 over them.

lol im sure someone will spend 30 bucks on them lol... didnt someone in this thread earlier said they bought multiple pairs of earpods?

Feb 25, 2013 at 12:05 AM Post #140 of 419
Quote:
Have been meaning to pick up a pair for times when I don't want to beat up the TF10s (especially the cables) or get them dirty, such as working out, or sleeping.  Tried them out the other day, and immediately was shocked by how good they were.  So I'm thinking of getting a pair.  Has anybody tried sleeping in them?  I feel like they sit far enough inside that they actually are inside the external line of my ears.  I feel like these might be the perfect option for this scenario.

I, too, have gone to bed with them many times. :) 

Feb 25, 2013 at 3:34 AM Post #141 of 419
Quote:
Wow really... They go for under 6 dollars + free shipping on eBay.

wow lol whoever actually spent 30 bucks on them must feel like a fool now... 
tongue.gif

Mar 2, 2013 at 7:50 AM Post #142 of 419
Quote:

wow lol whoever actually spent 30 bucks on them must feel like a fool now... 
tongue.gif

I kinda feel like that even though I only paid 15. The earpods are very respectable open buds for 2013. However, I've been listening to them fairly often for a few months, and vis-a-vis the old apple buds, for some reason I don't really feel they're better. Each time my instinct tells me to pick up the old apple buds.

Of course it's possible that they too need 200-300? hours of burn and I still haven't gotten there yet, but my old pair is also unlikely to have that much history.

The earpods are structurally very interesting though, the driver layout is a lot like Bose IE/2 but without the silicone tip. It's also a lot like Sony's vertical-in-the-ear design. I geek out on things like this. :p

Mar 3, 2013 at 10:20 AM Post #143 of 419
Quote:
I kinda feel like that even though I only paid 15. The earpods are very respectable open buds for 2013. However, I've been listening to them fairly often for a few months, and vis-a-vis the old apple buds, for some reason I don't really feel they're better. Each time my instinct tells me to pick up the old apple buds.

Of course it's possible that they too need 200-300? hours of burn and I still haven't gotten there yet, but my old pair is also unlikely to have that much history.

The earpods are structurally very interesting though, the driver layout is a lot like Bose IE/2 but without the silicone tip. It's also a lot like Sony's vertical-in-the-ear design. I geek out on things like this. :p

lol 200 to 300 hours of burn in? man thats a lot of burn in... off topic but my friend has my ultimate ears trifi10, i just ordered a klipsch x10, so yes, spent more than the 30 bucks i was unwilling to pay for the earpods but whatever lol

Mar 13, 2013 at 11:12 AM Post #144 of 419
I've tried today mine. I think Apple done a great job here. I really like them, good bass, great comfort, nice mid and highs. A good pair of headphones considering that they are sold with a smartphone

Mar 13, 2013 at 11:19 AM Post #145 of 419
I just got a new Shuffle.   Never used an iPod before.   This one, obviously, came with the old style buds.   Not only did they keep falling out of my ears, they sounded awful.   No bass and a midrange and top end that was VERY rough around the edges, so I ordered some new ears.    Can't use IEM's so I have the Yuin PK3 coming my way but until they get here I still wanted to be able to use the Shuffle without the buds falling out of my ears so I went to Radio Shack, got some replacement foam ear bud covers and slipped them on thinking that it would help to keep them in my ears.   VIOLA !!!   Now, they stay put and.................the bass as well as the mids and the highs were DRASTICALLY improved.     Now I'm wondering if I really should have purchased the PK3's and wondering if they will be that much better.   It's questionable if I would have even ordered them if I would have heard the Apple buds with these foam covers first.

Mar 13, 2013 at 11:29 AM Post #146 of 419
Quote:
I just got a new Shuffle.   Never used an iPod before.   This one, obviously, came with the old style buds.   Not only did they keep falling out of my ears, they sounded awful.   No bass and a midrange and top end that was VERY rough around the edges, so I ordered some new ears.    Can't use IEM's so I have the Yuin PK3 coming my way but until they get here I still wanted to be able to use the Shuffle without the buds falling out of my ears so I went to Radio Shack, got some replacement foam ear bud covers and slipped them on thinking that it would help to keep them in my ears.   VIOLA !!!   Now, they stay put and.................the bass as well as the mids and the highs were DRASTICALLY improved.     Now I'm wondering if I really should have purchased the PK3's and wondering if they will be that much better.   It's questionable if I would have even ordered them if I would have heard the Apple buds with these foam covers first.

IMHO, after I heard the ear pods, I would't buy any In-ear under 60-70 €. Ok I still prefere my se 535 :)P) but theese are really awsome considering the coming for "free" with an iphone 5 or 5th generation iTouch

Mar 27, 2013 at 2:53 AM Post #150 of 419
Got my EarPods for free. Just kind of genre browsing right now powering them off of my Audioengine D1. These are serious contenders for budget earbuds. I don't see why I'd need to look much further than these unless I was planning to spend more than $50. I was just listening to my K701s all night and these EarPods really aren't that offensively inferior, not like the original Apple buds were. I'm going to try out taking these to school and see how I feel after more time spent listening to them. 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back