Apple AirPods Pro And NEW AirPods Pro 2nd Gen (from 23 Sep 2022) - Impressions
Aug 20, 2020 at 1:54 AM Post #166 of 979
Has anyone tried the new SpinFit CP1025's for their APP's?

CP1025_Airpods%20Pro_83_2.jpg

Aug 30, 2020 at 7:13 PM Post #167 of 979
I have been a champion of Xelastecs on my IEMs but unfortunately they are difficult to recommend for the APP.

My OEM silicone tip sizes are S in my left ear, and M in my right. I bought the two small and medium variety packs, and found MS to work the best. However, the bass is reduced, and my suspicion is due to their design. In comparison, the Apple ear tip cores are soft, taper inwards, and go further into my ear canals.

The Xelastecs use a much wider hard plastic base, which attaches to the APPs themselves. The TPE ear tips then attach to the hard plastic. Maybe these would work slightly better if you have cavernous ear canals. I do not.

Tried everything from the SS to ML sizes; they all result in shallower insertion. Bass, mids, and treble are all slightly recessed, though most notably the bass rumble and impact. The tips end up being great for things like podcasts, music with less bass, and exercise as they simply do not budge. You can yawn, move around, talk, eat, and they do not feel like they might fall out, even hours later.

Aug 31, 2020 at 10:44 PM Post #170 of 979
I got my APPs a few days ago, and so far I'm impressed. The sound is pretty good if I get the orientation right. I'm looking forward to the new capabilities that will come with iOS 14. But a question - this is my first pair of IEMs with ambient mode. How much should I be hearing from the "outside"? Do I need to point my head at someone when they're talking for it to come through?

Sep 2, 2020 at 3:41 AM Post #171 of 979
I got my APPs a few days ago, and so far I'm impressed. The sound is pretty good if I get the orientation right. I'm looking forward to the new capabilities that will come with iOS 14. But a question - this is my first pair of IEMs with ambient mode. How much should I be hearing from the "outside"? Do I need to point my head at someone when they're talking for it to come through?

Ambient mode is the same like when you aren't using IEMs and you having nothing in your ears, so you can hearing everything, all the sounds from all the directions. You don't needing doing nothing more except activating this excellent feature.

Sep 2, 2020 at 8:25 PM Post #172 of 979
Ambient mode is the same like when you aren't using IEMs and you having nothing in your ears, so you can hearing everything, all the sounds from all the directions. You don't needing doing nothing more except activating this excellent feature.
For some reason I can't hear much when music is playing. Is it only when it's paused? Or is my music too loud?

Sep 9, 2020 at 2:10 AM Post #178 of 979
Just received the Spinfit tips for the AirPods Pro.

Initial sound impression is they make the APP sound cleaner - mid is clearer and better treble compared to the stock tips. Comfort is also better with much lesser pressure point on ears. Still need to give them a bit more time.

F1707EB7-DC13-4697-9295-3769688544DC.jpeg

7A17DF84-F950-49AB-9660-21CF97F033E2.jpeg

Last edited:
Sep 9, 2020 at 5:09 AM Post #180 of 979
Additional impressions of the Spinfit CP1025:
  • Bass is similar to stock tips in quantity and quality (make sure right size tips and good seal). Bass will go low to sub bass region but still lack punch which is normal and within the limit of the APP driver.
  • Passive sound isolation is similar, which is medium isolation level to me
  • Sound quality is not affected by either ANC on or off
As mentioned IMO the main benefits the Spinfit brings is better sound clarity in mid/treble and improved comfort. Overall, the Spinfit after market tips is a worth while upgrade for me.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back