Apple AirPods Pro And NEW AirPods Pro 2nd Gen (from 23 Sep 2022) - Impressions
Feb 21, 2023 at 9:18 AM Post #736 of 984
In the APP2, I think I may have found my new favorite portable headphone or earphone for everyday use (as opposed to critical listening)

I actually think that the APP 2 is very good for critical listening too.

Feb 21, 2023 at 3:55 PM Post #737 of 984
This is what I'm afraid of, the XM4 is my daily and I just gave my OG APP to my teenager, must resist buying APP2.
Hmmm...just lost my XM4....is waiting for XM5.....trying to resist not to buy APP2 ....it's getting more and more difficult:triportsad:

Feb 21, 2023 at 4:12 PM Post #738 of 984
If you have apple stuff then the APP2’s are a no brained. It’s been a while since I had my XM4, but if I’m remembering right, then I think the APP2’s sound better.

Feb 22, 2023 at 1:52 PM Post #739 of 984
If you have apple stuff then the APP2’s are a no brained. It’s been a while since I had my XM4, but if I’m remembering right, then I think the APP2’s sound better.
As I said: It is getting more and more difficult :sunglasses:

Feb 22, 2023 at 4:56 PM Post #740 of 984
So my Hexa, Timeless AE, and ER4SR all sound better than the APP2’s in their own ways, but I still like the sound of them and they are super comfortable and convenient. I’d say they sound closest to the frequency response of the Timeless AE, but of course the Timeless AE is just in a different league altogether.

Feb 24, 2023 at 1:16 PM Post #741 of 984

Attachments

• APP2_20230223_01.jpg
    APP2_20230223_01.jpg
    2 MB · Views: 0
Feb 25, 2023 at 9:30 AM Post #743 of 984
Also, ever since I discovered what a pronounced difference that rolling different tips can make on the sound of any of my IEM's, I've been rolled several different ones on my AirPod Pro 2's and now depend on equalization much less. So far, the Xelastics are the best balance of seal, security, sound-flow and comfort. For very long sessions, though, the comfort of the Comply foams can't be beat.

Feb 25, 2023 at 1:56 PM Post #744 of 984
I own both the APP2 and The AirPods Max. While I tend to use the APP2 for convenience, I don't think they equal the sound quality of APM, especially with spatial audio. Spatial makes them overly bright. The overall sense of tone is richer and fuller on the APM. That said, they do sound fantastic and are wonderfully portable and convenient.

Feb 25, 2023 at 3:06 PM Post #745 of 984
They even function flawlessly with a windows pc.
With my Windows 11 PC and transmitters including Asus USB BT500 and an Intel AX210 PCIe card, APP2 have the worst range of any headphones I own, including APM, AirPods gen 2, Bose QC II, EarFun Air Pro 3, and others. The microwave knocks them out within 10 seconds, and it's line of sight to it, maybe 20 feet. Also, the ANC goes in and out just sitting at my desk, and a couple days ago, it was doing basically nothing when my AC was running. (Not all the USA is freezing!) The other headphones have none of these issues. OTOH, the APP2 are fine with my iPhone 13, 4th gen Apple TV, and Samsung tablet. I've been paying attention to connectivity discussions in several forums since I got the things in September, and I am not alone in this. The weird thing is, some people report the same sorts of problems with their Apple sources. Thus, I would characterize the APP2 as the most highly YMMV Bluetooth headphones I've ever owned, and it ain't close. They hate my PC, which is what I mainly bought them for. I should've returned them, and with no firmware update to correct the issues so far, I'm left with the options of taking them in for service, knowing that Apple will likely return them to me after being unable to repro the problems, or selling them, and hoping the buyer doesn't run into the same problems.

Feb 26, 2023 at 2:42 PM Post #746 of 984
I've bought myself a pair of Pro 2s. Really enjoying them on all fronts. The ease of use, the sound quality, the ANC...

The only thing I'm somewhat struggling with is getting a good fit. I was somehow wearing them wrong on the first try, at a weird angle, and I now know how to put them in, but still, they don't feel very secured at all.

Anyone wants to chime in with some 3rd party recommendations?

I always loved Xelastecs tips and I see they are making some for the APP2. Does they affect the sound at all?

Feb 26, 2023 at 3:40 PM Post #747 of 984
I've bought myself a pair of Pro 2s. Really enjoying them on all fronts. The ease of use, the sound quality, the ANC...

The only thing I'm somewhat struggling with is getting a good fit. I was somehow wearing them wrong on the first try, at a weird angle, and I now know how to put them in, but still, they don't feel very secured at all.

I always loved Xelastecs tips and I see they are making some for the APP2. Does they affect the sound at all?
I’m using the SpinFit CP360’s on an adapter. Fit is secure and comfy.

Feb 26, 2023 at 3:44 PM Post #748 of 984
I’m using the SpinFit CP360’s on an adapter. Fit is secure and comfy.

I also use the SpinFit CP360 with the Xelastic adaptors. The Xelastic themselves were a bit too sticky for me and had a tendency to remain in my ear when I removed the AirPods...

Feb 26, 2023 at 5:25 PM Post #749 of 984

Azla Max's are a better choice, imho. The Xelastics are sticky and fit well for a while, then they quickly start spreading out until they're unusable. I think I got a few months before I had to swap them. The Max's are silicone and don't impact the sound, plus they have wax guards.

Feb 28, 2023 at 6:10 PM Post #750 of 984
Got the AirPods Pro 2 to use well walking and they sound good enough for out and about. Well actually, they sound better than expected so pleased with them. Not having a wire to contend with and the interrogation with the Apple Watch and iPhone makes things a lot easier well walking.

I’m still recovering from the cancer treatment and need a cane well walking so being able to control the music thru either the AirPods or watch is a much better experience than trying to balance a dap whenever I want to skip song or volume etc.

Been using the Epro tips and get a great fit and feel the sound quality is improved over the stock tips. They fit in the case and it shuts with no issue.

The only real cons are there slippery little guys and that case pops open if dropped, to solve this issue bought a case cover that has a snap to hold it shut.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back