Apple AirPods Pro And NEW AirPods Pro 2nd Gen (from 23 Sep 2022) - Impressions
Dec 27, 2019 at 1:31 PM Post #61 of 984
@Pro-Jules, were you able to see the pic?

Since discovering the issue with the cardboard, I have removed the cardboard pieces from four tips, and can now proceed with testing each to find the best fit. I noticed immediately that all three tip sizes produce a "Good fit" result from the test, which may or may not be helpful. I was using the medium tips on the day that I reported the earbuds fell out of an ear three times during a fitness center visit. I wore the small tips during a followup visit yesterday, and experienced no issues. Today I am trying the large tips, which feel pretty good as well. I wish there were an obvious best choice.

Regardless, I think the audio quality is very good, and I am pleased.

Dec 27, 2019 at 1:47 PM Post #62 of 984
@Pro-Jules, were you able to see the pic?

Since discovering the issue with the cardboard, I have removed the cardboard pieces from four tips, and can now proceed with testing each to find the best fit. I noticed immediately that all three tip sizes produce a "Good fit" result from the test, which may or may not be helpful. I was using the medium tips on the day that I reported the earbuds fell out of an ear three times during a fitness center visit. I wore the small tips during a followup visit yesterday, and experienced no issues. Today I am trying the large tips, which feel pretty good as well. I wish there were an obvious best choice.

Regardless, I think the audio quality is very good, and I am pleased.
I'm just going to say Apple need to work on their sensing technology. It's not accurate. lol

Dec 27, 2019 at 5:22 PM Post #63 of 984
Yes I finally saw the cardboard pieces. It must have been an assembly mistake IMHO.

Dec 30, 2019 at 1:39 PM Post #64 of 984
Well, I have been experimenting with finding the best fit among the three tip sizes. The Large size seems to be most comfortable, but even with this size the tips can work loose as my Fitness center workout proceeds. With the rather loud ambient noise in the fitness center, it can be very obvious if a tip is working loose, because the ANC is so effective when the tips are secure. One thing I notice that makes the tip fit more secure is to wipe the tips and the inside of my ears with a tissue moistened with rubbing alcohol, which removes any wax and body oils.

Jan 1, 2020 at 2:26 PM Post #65 of 984
So, for awhile now, I've been having issue with ANC kicking in. It would happen randomly on certain occasions when I put it on, and I think it's a bit of a design flaw. Apple should have better implemented the functionality of the senor for detection of placement of the earphones on the concha.

I realized that the ANC doesn't automatically kick in when I have it positioned on my concha not in an ideal position for the sensor to detect, and I've never had such issues with other TWS. Apple didn't test this through well enough.

After awhile I realized that if I put it on with the stem more parallel to the ground level, the sensors better detect the earpieces being on my ear. I think also, the earpiece can shift slight, and ANC deactivates for a bit, which is annoying.

This is quite annoying to me, and I don't expect such issues from so called 'seamless' experience Apple, which this product obvious isn't 'seamless.'

Last edited:
Jan 9, 2020 at 12:24 AM Post #68 of 984
Got mine at Apple NYC and used it for 2 days. Longest stretch was 3 hours. No fatiguing, no vacuum feel throughout. Used both iPhone X on IOS 13.2 and OnePlus 7 Plus running Android 10.

The initial use had me concerned that the ANC was not working, so I switched to my full size Sony WH-1000XM3 and realized that the Airpods Pro ANC was doing its job. Just that that vacuum feel Sony and Bose give me (personally, may not be yours) was missing. For this alone, the Airpods Pro is a major plus for me on planes and trains. I already tried the NYC 2 and 3 subway lines and the Airpods Pro while playing songs did as well as the full size Sony & Bose with ANC. The brutal NYC subway soundtrack is mostly blocked. Again, the style of ANC is different between the Apple, Bose and Sony. Almost no pressure inside my ears with the Apple Airpods Pro, even better than the Bose QC35 II. Have not tried the Bose 700.

The tips on the Airpods Pro make a big difference. I am using large and they with the ANC nearly silenced all voices at a Starbucks with music on 50% iPhone X. This is even better than the Sony WH-1000XM3 as I could hear people talking at similar settings. I do wish and hope foam tips are available soon from third parties.

Music wise, the Sony without ANC is best, especially with jazz, like Jazz at the Pawnshop. There is much air and space in the music reproduction. With ANC, the Sony is not as good as the Airpods Pro. This is really really surprising for me as this is Apple's first attempt at this, and we all know how the Homepod turned out.

Hope this helps.

How do they pair with android, I currently own the WF-1000xm3, Wondering if the switch is worth it.

Jan 9, 2020 at 2:00 AM Post #69 of 984
How do they pair with android, I currently own the WF-1000xm3, Wondering if the switch is worth it.

tried with Samsung and OnePlus. Pairs just like any Bluetooth headphone. I also own that Sony, have not used it for months since I purchased the Airpods Pro. In fact, have not used the Bose and Beats ANC full size.

Last edited:
Jan 9, 2020 at 1:30 PM Post #70 of 984
tried with Samsung and OnePlus. Pairs just like any Bluetooth headphone. I also own that Sony, have now use it for months.

which of the two do you prefer?

Jan 9, 2020 at 2:26 PM Post #71 of 984
which of the two do you prefer?

Sorry typo, i meant have not used the Sony for the 2 plus months since I bought the Airpods Pro.
Yes, the full size Sony can sound better, but I know that they are there, they get heavy hours into the 17 hours flight to Hong Kong.
The Airpods Pro on the other hand disappears for the 4-5 hours of the return trip. I then, put on the second charged pair of Airpods Pro.
The slight audio benefits from the Sony full size did not impress me as much. Bass, slightly more imaging expansion with the Sony app.

Feb 20, 2020 at 3:30 AM Post #72 of 984

So, I love everything about these badboys but fit. The original AirPods stayed snug all day long. These last much longer on a charge, and isolate really well, and the NC is amazing, and the BT connection is even better than Ezra, but the fit isn't great. I have to constantly adjust them no matter the pad.

The sound is, as all of you know, not the equal of the WF1000XM3, but it is decent. I honestly prefer the original AirPods to these for just sound.

What is totally dominant about these guys is what I hope to have illustrated in the video linked above: that they have amazing bluetooth connection. I can get over 60m line of site, and up to 100 if I accept a certain amount of connection drops. They are totally reliable out to 45m. I have an AirPods pro bluetooth 4 vs 5 video coming soon. I hope that helps anyone looking specifically at that issue.

Feb 20, 2020 at 12:13 PM Post #73 of 984

So, I love everything about these badboys but fit. The original AirPods stayed snug all day long. These last much longer on a charge, and isolate really well, and the NC is amazing, and the BT connection is even better than Ezra, but the fit isn't great. I have to constantly adjust them no matter the pad.

The sound is, as all of you know, not the equal of the WF1000XM3, but it is decent. I honestly prefer the original AirPods to these for just sound.

What is totally dominant about these guys is what I hope to have illustrated in the video linked above: that they have amazing bluetooth connection. I can get over 60m line of site, and up to 100 if I accept a certain amount of connection drops. They are totally reliable out to 45m. I have an AirPods pro bluetooth 4 vs 5 video coming soon. I hope that helps anyone looking specifically at that issue.

My son bought some eartips he adds to his.

That keeps them in his ears fine.

AHASTYLE AirPods Pro Ear Hooks 3... https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B083PXG98R?ref=ppx_pop_mob_ap_share

Feb 20, 2020 at 12:32 PM Post #75 of 984
They come in a soft case you can clip to the main case. My son has them as a ‘pair’.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back