Apple AirPods Pro And NEW AirPods Pro 2nd Gen (from 23 Sep 2022) - Impressions
Oct 27, 2022 at 11:54 AM Post #601 of 979
Apologies if it’s been posted before, but that Spigen Rugged Armor case for the Airpods Pro 2 is quite nice, actually. Received it today. It feels nice in the hand, does not feel cheap and comes without any adhesives (which kind of can be a pro or a con - time will tell).

That carabiner is of very good quality as well. It just still works with wireless charging pads and even with Apple‘s MagSafe option. Oh and the reset button works without having to take the case out of…its case :)

Very pleased so far.

Attachments

• E2BCCD1F-A92D-4F66-8857-72564BB7A096.jpeg
    E2BCCD1F-A92D-4F66-8857-72564BB7A096.jpeg
    2 MB · Views: 0
  • 132FC36B-145A-4380-B831-826FEA90082F.jpeg
    132FC36B-145A-4380-B831-826FEA90082F.jpeg
    977.9 KB · Views: 0
Last edited:
Oct 27, 2022 at 4:26 PM Post #602 of 979
Bought a pair of app2 for my iphone 14 pro max. As a long time iem and dap user when out I can say imho these things are fantastic. Used them today while waiting for a car repair. The sound is very good and the transparency is an essential feature. Used roon arc which gave me access to my library as well as Tidal and Qobuz. I really appreciate the tip to turn off the volume control under ios 16.1. I couldn’t find the post to give credit but thanks.

Oct 27, 2022 at 5:14 PM Post #603 of 979
Bought a pair of app2 for my iphone 14 pro max. As a long time iem and dap user when out I can say imho these things are fantastic. Used them today while waiting for a car repair. The sound is very good and the transparency is an essential feature. Used roon arc which gave me access to my library as well as Tidal and Qobuz. I really appreciate the tip to turn off the volume control under ios 16.1. I couldn’t find the post to give credit but thanks.
Which volume control are you mentioning? I also have the 14 Pro Max with ios 16.1 and app2.

Oct 27, 2022 at 7:24 PM Post #604 of 979
Which volume control are you mentioning? I also have the 14 Pro Max with ios 16.1 and app2.
The volume swipe control on the airpod.

Oct 27, 2022 at 7:51 PM Post #605 of 979
Oct 27, 2022 at 10:38 PM Post #606 of 979
Nov 2, 2022 at 5:45 PM Post #607 of 979
Is it just me or has the ANC level of the APP2 reduced since they came out? Perhaps some firmware update? When walking out and about I’m hearing more sounds of passing traffic than when I first got them. Either that or I’m going mad…

Nov 3, 2022 at 9:54 AM Post #608 of 979
I've got mine since two days now.
ANC is much better than with the first generation, I reckon I can now stop using the XM4s for commuting.
One problem I have with the ANC is that it reacts really badly to high, abrupt sounds, e.g. the clicking of my Razer keyboard or throwing cutlery into the drawer.
It seems to pass them straight through which hurts in my ears, this is especially a problem if I watch a movie or listen to podcasts.

Sound wasn't great before and isn't great now.
I bought the 7Hz Timeless two months ago and they apparently totally spoiled me way more than I thought.
I've enabled the "Balanced Tone" option in the Accessibility settings which makes the APP2 sound less muddy and passable.
What I like most about the APP in general is the comfort and spatial audio for watching movies.

Overall I'm happy with the purchase since it means I can stop carrying two headphones for daily use.

Nov 5, 2022 at 12:10 PM Post #609 of 979
Is it just me or has the ANC level of the APP2 reduced since they came out? Perhaps some firmware update? When walking out and about I’m hearing more sounds of passing traffic than when I first got them. Either that or I’m going mad…
Same here. 100% no firmware as I am on Android. But subjectively in about a month I noticed that ANC is letting way more in.

So I wonder if third party tips can help? Especially with higher frequencies.

Nov 5, 2022 at 12:39 PM Post #610 of 979
Same here. 100% no firmware as I am on Android. But subjectively in about a month I noticed that ANC is letting way more in.

So I wonder if third party tips can help? Especially with higher frequencies.
I don't think there is any reason to use AirPods on android. There are many really good wireless ANC headphones by Sony, Sennheiser, B&O etc. On android you don't have same AAC bluetooth sound quality as on iPhone, but you have AptX etc which AirPods do not support. So AirPods sound will be kind of inferior on android. Also no spatial audio, possible ANC problems due to OS incompatibility etc.

Nov 5, 2022 at 12:50 PM Post #611 of 979
I don't think there is any reason to use AirPods on android. There are many really good wireless ANC headphones by Sony, Sennheiser, B&O etc. On android you don't have same AAC bluetooth sound quality as on iPhone, but you have AptX etc which AirPods do not support. So AirPods sound will be kind of inferior on android. Also no spatial audio, possible ANC problems due to OS incompatibility etc.
There is, transparency and ease of controls. my friend uses them on his bike (mountain biking, offroad) but still wants the transparency, comfort and controls APP brings. I'm yet to find a tws bud that offers that, so he uses them on android

Nov 5, 2022 at 12:59 PM Post #612 of 979
There is, transparency and ease of controls. my friend uses them on his bike (mountain biking, offroad) but still wants the transparency, comfort and controls APP brings. I'm yet to find a tws bud that offers that, so he uses them on android
I was using Sony WF buds for a while and both controls and transparency were fine by me. To me those reasons are not enough to justify, but of course to each his own!

Nov 5, 2022 at 3:09 PM Post #613 of 979
I was using Sony WF buds for a while and both controls and transparency were fine by me. To me those reasons are not enough to justify, but of course to each his own!
The problem with the Sony is that they use a touch interface vs. the "pressure" interface of the APP so it happens quit easily that you trigger it by accident.
It annoyed me personally so much that I disabled it completely on mine.
And the transparency is just way more natural on the APP, even the first generation.

Nov 6, 2022 at 2:15 AM Post #614 of 979
Just went to Crinacle's site and saw a graph of "pinna 51db". It seems the bass and high treble is increased. Anyone have any idea how I can get my airpods pro 2 to sound like that graph is showing ( i listen to apple music on my iphone). I think he used "audio tools" app for ios. Is that an eq setting? Someone help. I need my airpods pro 2 to sound like that graph looks.

https://crinacle.com/graphs/iems/graphtool/premium/?share=IEF_Neutral_Target,APP2_Pinna_51

Nov 6, 2022 at 2:35 AM Post #615 of 979
Just went to Crinacle's site and saw a graph of "pinna 51db". It seems the bass and high treble is increased. Anyone have any idea how I can get my airpods pro 2 to sound like that graph is showing ( i listen to apple music on my iphone). I think he used "audio tools" app for ios. Is that an eq setting? Someone help. I need my airpods pro 2 to sound like that graph looks.

The APP2 introduces a volume dependent EQ in an attempt to respond to that phenomenon : https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Equal-loudness_contour
In other words the FR will change depending on the volume you've set your APP2 at.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back