Apos Audio Returns
Apr 5, 2022 at 11:16 PM Post #16 of 57
It is now far more than 2 weeks that I sent my broken DAP in and no word from APOS about the next step. My emails are not replied to. What's your suggestion - wait more or contact PayPal to step in? Thanks for your feedback.
I've never dealt with Apos but after 2 weeks I would definitely get Paypal involved.

Apr 6, 2022 at 10:19 AM Post #17 of 57
Well wish me luck, the balanced inputs in the Topping A30pro amp I bought from Apos stopped working exactly 1 week after receiving them. I did the automated return email last night. We'll see if they respond promptly. At least I can still use the amp with the RCA inputs and since the amp isnt truly balanced its doesnt make a huge difference if at all. I was really worried it was the DAC balanced outputs that stopped working, but I connected the DAC to some powered monitors and they worked fine.

Apr 22, 2022 at 7:50 PM Post #18 of 57
Well wish me luck, the balanced inputs in the Topping A30pro amp I bought from Apos stopped working exactly 1 week after receiving them. I did the automated return email last night. We'll see if they respond promptly. At least I can still use the amp with the RCA inputs and since the amp isnt truly balanced its doesnt make a huge difference if at all. I was really worried it was the DAC balanced outputs that stopped working, but I connected the DAC to some powered monitors and they worked fine.
For what it is worth, I did a warranty return and the process took a little over 2 weeks to get the amp back. I assume they take much longer when its a full return to get your money back.

Apr 24, 2022 at 12:34 PM Post #19 of 57
I am glad I found this post concerning Apos. My belief is not only the buying experience but also the retailer responding quickly to any problems that may arise with a product. Not having a customer service phone number is a huge negative with me. Since buying my Denon AH-9200 from Crutchfield back in March of this year. I am now looking at upgrading my Emotiva Stealth DC-1 DAC. I was considering Apos since they carry some of the DAC / AMP combos I am considering but I feel I will shop with Amazon or Crutchfield.

Apr 24, 2022 at 4:56 PM Post #20 of 57
I am glad I found this post concerning Apos. My belief is not only the buying experience but also the retailer responding quickly to any problems that may arise with a product. Not having a customer service phone number is a huge negative with me. Since buying my Denon AH-9200 from Crutchfield back in March of this year. I am now looking at upgrading my Emotiva Stealth DC-1 DAC. I was considering Apos since they carry some of the DAC / AMP combos I am considering but I feel I will shop with Amazon or Crutchfield.
My experience with a Warranty Return with Apos wasn't as bad as most of the members experience on this thread, but if you can get the device you want for the same price from Amazon I'd definitely go with Amazon. Only time I wouldnt go with Amazon is when its not Fulfilled by Amazon and is a dealer in China. It most likely says something like you'll get the item sometime between May 1-Dec 25 for example. You will also no doubt have a lot of problems trying to return an item with the seller even though its was on Amazon

Apr 24, 2022 at 5:30 PM Post #21 of 57
My experience with a Warranty Return with Apos wasn't as bad as most of the members experience on this thread, but if you can get the device you want for the same price from Amazon I'd definitely go with Amazon. Only time I wouldnt go with Amazon is when its not Fulfilled by Amazon and is a dealer in China. It most likely says something like you'll get the item sometime between May 1-Dec 25 for example. You will also no doubt have a lot of problems trying to return an item with the seller even though its was on Amazon
I have ordered stuff from Shenzenaudio, many chinese sellers on ebay and aliexpress over the last 20 years and while I've had problems with some sellers, I never experienced anything like I did with Apos. They toy with customers when theres a problem or you want to return the item.

My issue was with a dac I purchased and it wasn't upsampling dsd correctly, the issue turned out to be the software and not the dac but when I asked Apos what the return policy was, they put their email on vacation mode and gave vague responses about 5-7 days apart, after a certain point they ignored any further emails I sent.

I will say crutchfield has the best customer service I've ever experienced. I've purchased car audio equipment amongst other things and the reps even helped me during an install.

Apr 25, 2022 at 8:30 AM Post #22 of 57
I have ordered stuff from Shenzenaudio, many chinese sellers on ebay and aliexpress over the last 20 years and while I've had problems with some sellers, I never experienced anything like I did with Apos. They toy with customers when theres a problem or you want to return the item.

My issue was with a dac I purchased and it wasn't upsampling dsd correctly, the issue turned out to be the software and not the dac but when I asked Apos what the return policy was, they put their email on vacation mode and gave vague responses about 5-7 days apart, after a certain point they ignored any further emails I sent.

I will say crutchfield has the best customer service I've ever experienced. I've purchased car audio equipment amongst other things and the reps even helped me during an install.
Yea, there is something definitely going on with their Returns Department at Apos. Feels like its another person/company that handles the actual return and they are not fulltime.

Jun 16, 2022 at 10:53 AM Post #23 of 57
I would like to add my name to the list of those who had a horrible experience with APOS audio. Customer service is terrible after the sale. Prior to the sale they are responsive (albeit slow) and they do their best to push the sale to closure. After the sale if you have an issue the customer support is terrible. I had to make a return / exchange and it took weeks and there could be days in-between email communications regarding status updates. I had to fight every step of the way to get information and the corrected product sent back out to me. The customer service reps made excuse after excuse and took zero action to remedy. Only when I told them I would legally have to intervene to get a resolution did a resolution start to transpire. I will never ever do business with these jokers again. There are too many other reputable vendors to buy from. Save yourself the headache and buy somewhere else. This company with this level of negative behavior won't survive. Keeping in mind they have no phone number for customer support, no live chat and only respond via email and often take 4-5 days to respond to a email request with little to no information.

Last edited:
Jun 16, 2022 at 11:42 PM Post #24 of 57
There are too many other reputable vendors to buy from. Save yourself the headache and buy somewhere else. This company with this level of negative behavior won't survive.
Audio 46, Music Direct, Audio Advisor to name a few other to try.

Jun 21, 2022 at 1:58 PM Post #25 of 57
The sound of silence. Apos needs to step up and comment on this thread. Otherwise the sound of silence is deafening. Just sayin….

Jun 21, 2022 at 8:15 PM Post #26 of 57
Audio 46, Music Direct, Audio Advisor to name a few other to try.
Also tells you who not to trust with reviews when Apos is their sponsor.

Jul 7, 2022 at 8:27 PM Post #27 of 57
Yeah Apos Audio is awful. I messaged them about my SMSL SU9N having an awful screeching sound on xlr lately, and they haven’t responded to help at all. What good is a two year warranty if they just ignore you for days?

Jul 7, 2022 at 10:11 PM Post #28 of 57
Tons of this same info is on Reddit, I’m personally staying away at all costs. Enough detractors within this space will cause them to fix this CS issue or fold.

Feb 14, 2023 at 8:55 AM Post #29 of 57
Adding another bad experience with Apos. Requested a return and said I was fine with the restocking fee. Silence since then for a week. Going to give it a few more days before I get PayPal involved. Never had an issue before with them but the company is going downhill.

The initial return request was responded to in a day.

Feb 20, 2023 at 4:29 AM Post #30 of 57
Still no response from Apos to follow up on a return request made on 2/7. Also sent 3 emails since asking for the details I was told I would get to finalize the return and nothing but silence. If I get no response this week I’m asking PayPal to work on getting my money back and Apos can reach out to me about getting their Dac.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back