Apos Audio Returns
Feb 5, 2021 at 1:54 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 57

cdf294

Head-Fier
I just wanted to know if anyone has any personal experience with returns to Apos Audio. I am confident that they will take care of refunding me so that is not my concern. My question is approximately how long have you had to wait for a refund after Apos receives the product back at the US address? I was told by somebody at Apos that they would get back in touch after receiving the product back from the return center. I assume this means that it will be sent back to China before my refund will be issued.

I'm not in a rush since I feel that Apos is reputable but I don't care for not having any idea what to expect either, especially with the Chinese New Year quickly approaching.

Jun 9, 2021 at 1:24 PM Post #2 of 57
Having trouble returning my SMSL SU-9 DAC to APOS. They're missing in action. Sheila at customer service was supposed to send me a RMA# via email yesterday and nothing. Now today, they are ignoring me online. I'm very upset. I've spend hours trying to return a DAC. Never again for APOS AUDIO. I'll goto Amazon only from now on. Never had trouble like this before. There is absolutely no live person to talk to by phone at Apos Audio.

Last edited:
Jun 14, 2021 at 4:25 PM Post #3 of 57
Still having trouble getting an RMA#. It is now 6-14-21 and no emails from APOS as of yet. Initiated instant messaging with Sheila and she replies with standard response: "Check you email. Read our 45 day return policy, etc." I reply that I've done all that and I"m not getting anywhere, etc, etc. She never returns to continue the conversation. I believe APOS, must now be experiences staffing issues, regardless of what their customer service reputation has been like in the past.

Jul 2, 2021 at 2:24 PM Post #4 of 57
Still having trouble getting an RMA#. It is now 6-14-21 and no emails from APOS as of yet. Initiated instant messaging with Sheila and she replies with standard response: "Check you email. Read our 45 day return policy, etc." I reply that I've done all that and I"m not getting anywhere, etc, etc. She never returns to continue the conversation. I believe APOS, must now be experiences staffing issues, regardless of what their customer service reputation has been like in the past.
I've had a very similar experience with Apos Audio in terms of delay in response. Thankfully they responded a day and half later, but if this is an ongoing problem, then it do make me question how reliable their customer service is for me to do business with them.

Jul 2, 2021 at 4:04 PM Post #5 of 57
I've had a very similar experience with Apos Audio in terms of delay in response. Thankfully they responded a day and half later, but if this is an ongoing problem, then it do make me question how reliable their customer service is for me to do business with them.
I eventually got my RMA# 10 days later and returned it for a full refund CREDIT towards another item due the hassle. I'll have a year to spend it on something. So now I'm saving my credit till the Fall when the new equipment comes out.

Dec 8, 2021 at 4:03 PM Post #6 of 57
What a horrible APOS experience I had. Disaster. Despite of what I heard, my experience is completely negative.
DId you know that 45 days return policy is a lie, unless you pay %20 restocking fee if you request return after 14 days of the delivery.
And, you have to pay both ways shipping just to return a defective product which died in a week.
On top of it, good luck getting response from the support.
I will never buy anything from APOS again, only from Amazon.

Dec 8, 2021 at 7:20 PM Post #7 of 57
What a horrible APOS experience I had. Disaster. Despite of what I heard, my experience is completely negative.
DId you know that 45 days return policy is a lie, unless you pay %20 restocking fee if you request return after 14 days of the delivery.
And, you have to pay both ways shipping just to return a defective product which died in a week.
On top of it, good luck getting response from the support.
I will never buy anything from APOS again, only from Amazon.
So sorry you're having that experience. Amazon's returns are effortless.

Mar 18, 2022 at 4:47 PM Post #8 of 57
I ordered a FiiO M17 from Apos which was promptly delivered. Sadly, it is now broken and I'd like to start a RME procedure. So far I did not receive a reply. I found a phone number on Facebook which only tells you to email. Any hints on how to proceed would be appreciated. Thanks!

Mar 18, 2022 at 10:35 PM Post #9 of 57
I ordered a FiiO M17 from Apos which was promptly delivered. Sadly, it is now broken and I'd like to start a RME procedure. So far I did not receive a reply. I found a phone number on Facebook which only tells you to email. Any hints on how to proceed would be appreciated. Thanks!
Go to the APOS site and look for a link for "returns". You have to submit your request via messaging and then you'll get a robo confirmation telling you someone will be contacting you. You'll wait up to a week unfortunately.

Mar 18, 2022 at 11:58 PM Post #10 of 57
Weird, I had an epic experience from Apos. They price match, support and have been really responsive from experience. CJ over there has rocked it for me.

Mar 19, 2022 at 12:23 PM Post #11 of 57
Go to the APOS site and look for a link for "returns". You have to submit your request via messaging and then you'll get a robo confirmation telling you someone will be contacting you. You'll wait up to a week unfortunately.

Thanks, I actually got a reply from support and got the RME label a couple of minutes later. So far, so good. I will update here in the thread how my APOS experience continues to be.

Mar 19, 2022 at 3:42 PM Post #12 of 57
I have also had an issue with them in the past.

Customer service and returns are a problem.

Apr 5, 2022 at 12:48 PM Post #15 of 57
EDIT: They finally cancelled the order. Took 3 email requests before it happened. They have asked for some patience because they are swamped with returns and short-staffed. I'm taking back what I wrote previously.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back