Apogee Duet -> ?????? -> HD600
Jan 19, 2009 at 9:05 PM Post #17 of 26
You should try out Lehmann Black Cube Linear. I just switched from Stello HP100 to Lehmann. I've never heard such liveliness and dynamic sound from my Senns. Very recommended.

Jan 20, 2009 at 1:35 PM Post #19 of 26
Quote:

Originally Posted by bobpensik /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I looked at the BCL but when doing research, and I generally came across more favorable reviews on the amps I listed in my initial post.

I've heard Woo6 and Graham Slee + PSU1 with HD600. Neither of them impressed my as much as BCL did. Just my opinion though.

If possible, give BCL a try.

Jan 20, 2009 at 3:12 PM Post #20 of 26
Quote:

Originally Posted by Patu /img/forum/go_quote.gif
If possible, give BCL a try.

That's the problem, I can't really try out any of these amps, and living in Canada if I were to just buy them and then return or sell them, I am going to be eating the shipping costs, and probably some exchange difference.

Maybe I try to dig a little more and see if I can find some local people with some of these amps.

Jan 26, 2009 at 3:22 AM Post #22 of 26
You might want to try taking a look at the Purity Audio KICAS Caliente. It has some very favorable reviews on here, and there are several members (including me) that feel like it sounds great with the HD650's. I think it would probably also match well with the 600's, and its only about 325 CAD with the group buy.

Jan 26, 2009 at 4:01 AM Post #24 of 26
Quote:

Originally Posted by httran /img/forum/go_quote.gif
You might want to try taking a look at the Purity Audio KICAS Caliente. It has some very favorable reviews on here, and there are several members (including me) that feel like it sounds great with the HD650's. I think it would probably also match well with the 600's, and its only about 325 CAD with the group buy.

Hmm that does look like a very interesting amp.

It would be about $400 CAD after shipping and whatnot, and that is a great price. Skylab seems to view it as a very good amp for the price too. I'm reading more about it, but given the price and the performance that might be a great option! Thanks

Jan 27, 2009 at 12:23 AM Post #25 of 26
Well I decided to try out the Purity Audio Caliente. With the group buy pricing, and seeing that it is made in Canada it will be less then $400 CAD which is MUCH less then what I had antisipated.

While it is a new product, from the reviews I have read it is a great amp, so I figured I would give it a try.

Jan 27, 2009 at 2:39 PM Post #26 of 26
Quote:

Originally Posted by bobpensik /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Well I decided to try out the Purity Audio Caliente. With the group buy pricing, and seeing that it is made in Canada it will be less then $400 CAD which is MUCH less then what I had antisipated.

While it is a new product, from the reviews I have read it is a great amp, so I figured I would give it a try.

Sounds very interesting. I read the Skylab review also. Please give us your thoughts when you receive the amp.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back