Anything Similar To World War Z by Max Brooks????
Jan 20, 2011 at 2:47 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 17

Cdis99

100+ Head-Fier
I just finished reading this. Brook's writing style, coupled with his story telling ability, results in an absolutely fantastic and intriguing zombie novel. If you haven't read it, and you like this genre of literature, I highly recommend you get around to reading it.

For those of you that have read, or are familiar with it, is anything similar to it that I should be reading??

Jan 20, 2011 at 5:30 PM Post #2 of 17
The Zombie Survival Guide: Recorded Attacks

It's by Max Brooks, so I would imagine it's just like it. I've only read World War Z though.

Jan 21, 2011 at 1:19 AM Post #4 of 17
I knew that he had that out, and I heard from a few people that it was pretty good. But I'm looking for more of the diary style of writing he used.

I know there was another book written in that style, but I just can't remember the name of find it.....

And when the Zombie attack, I'll be ready
biggrin.gif

Hours of COD zombie mode with my roommates has prepared me for our final hour lol

Jan 21, 2011 at 7:14 PM Post #6 of 17
So that is FINALLY coming out? Can't wait... Have you checked that Pride And Prejudice rewrite with zombies? The Walking Dead graphic novel is worth checking out as well. Not written in the same style, and probably cheaper to just sit down at a store somewhere and go through them, but they're good.

Jan 21, 2011 at 8:48 PM Post #7 of 17
YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS FINALLLLLLYYYYYY
biggrin.gif

But you also brought me some bad news there... no other book comes close? Out the novels you have read, which one's do you recommend?

Quote:

LOVED "World War Z"! I've read a lot of other zombie novels, but unfortunately none of them come close.

Incidentally, have you heard about this? http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0816711/

Love the walking dead. Haven't read any of the comics though.... I'll try and check on or two out.

Quote:
So that is FINALLY coming out? Can't wait... Have you checked that Pride And Prejudice rewrite with zombies? The Walking Dead graphic novel is worth checking out as well. Not written in the same style, and probably cheaper to just sit down at a store somewhere and go through them, but they're good.

Jan 21, 2011 at 9:07 PM Post #8 of 17

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cdis99 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

biggrin.gif

Hours of COD zombie mode with my roommates has prepared me for our final hour lol

Dude, which doors are you going to open when they come?? :)

Cell by Stephen King is sort/mostly of a zombie book, and quite good.

EDIT: The Walking Dead (show) is soooo brutal

Jan 21, 2011 at 9:22 PM Post #9 of 17
1. Depends on the level lol

2. I'll look into Cell

3. WHAT!?!?! Do you mean brutal.... as in bad??

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cdis99 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

biggrin.gif

Dude, which doors are you going to open when they come?? :)

Cell by Stephen King is sort/mostly of a zombie book, and quite good.

EDIT: The Walking Dead (show) is soooo brutal

Jan 22, 2011 at 1:39 PM Post #11 of 17

Quote:
I think he means "brutal" as in very good. I haven't been keeping up with it myself (waiting for it to hit DVD) but have heard nothing but good things concerning the show.

Yes, very good, very hardcore. I can't believe that they show the gore on TV, on AMC no less! I was just disappointed by the short season, my roommates and I were really into it.

Jan 22, 2011 at 11:49 PM Post #13 of 17
I'm curious to see if Max Brooks has any zombie-related shenanigans left in his system after his two books... I doubt it. After all he did write the best two books out there, the second being the largest scale conceived zombie disaster ever. Where can you go from that? It was a slam dunk really. They better not screw the movie up!
biggrin.gif

Jan 23, 2011 at 2:15 AM Post #14 of 17

Quote:
I'm curious to see if Max Brooks has any zombie-related shenanigans left in his system after his two books... I doubt it. After all he did write the best two books out there, the second being the largest scale conceived zombie disaster ever. Where can you go from that? It was a slam dunk really. They better not screw the movie up! 
biggrin.gif

Quote:
The Zombie Survival Guide: Recorded Attacks

It's by Max Brooks, so I would imagine it's just like it. I've only read World War Z though.

I haven't read it, but here ya go.

Dec 8, 2011 at 3:38 AM Post #15 of 17
If you are still looking check out moody.  He has the Autumn series and my favorite which is the one I started reading of his which is hater and the sequel dog blood.  Let me just tell you amazing.  He is one of my favorite new writers.  Autumn is a little more on the side of zombies but he doesn't ever actually call them zombies.  Just be carful because you will be hooked :) and he is still writing more and also has short stories he writes on his web page.  Just check it out you won't be dissappointed.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back