Anything new on the front of quality wireless headphones?
Apr 15, 2007 at 2:05 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 13

Euripides

Head-Fier
My hearing has gone down through the years thanks to nerve damage from ear infections as a child. During the day I can watch TV at a louder setting with no problems. At night it is a different story and I will need headphones to help me out.

Don't laugh but I found in storage an old wireless Nintendo 64 headset that came out when the N64 launced back in 1996. It works and the sound is pretty good but it is one big piece of clunky plastic. So I am in need for something that is more comfrotable and can enjoy great sound. I will be using them for watching TV, Movies and playing games on the Wii (Zelda TP actually sounds good on the N64 headphones
biggrin.gif
)

Has anything new come out in the past year that is considered a quality wireless headphone?

Thanks
Euri

Apr 15, 2007 at 1:34 PM Post #6 of 13
My father has a similar situation and uses the Sennheiser RS140. These work OK, but there is a fair amount of static when moving around. I just bought him a pair of AKG K271S & a Gilmore Lite. I'll be making an extra-long extension cord. So far he likes the new headphones despite the cord due to their freedom from interference.

If anyone knows of a Bluetooth transmitter & receiver we could use with the AKG K271S to make them wireless (could add a Tomahawk if needed), I'd like to get something like that.

Apr 15, 2007 at 2:53 PM Post #8 of 13
Quote:

Originally Posted by RedLeader /img/forum/go_quote.gif
need pics of you playing Wii with the N64 headset!

and have that picture haunt me forever.......no thanks.

But I did take a picture of the N64 headphones with the Wii remote for you
icon10.gif

img0702eg1.jpg

Apr 15, 2007 at 4:34 PM Post #9 of 13
Quote:

Originally Posted by quattro98 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
If anyone knows of a Bluetooth transmitter & receiver we could use with the AKG K271S to make them wireless

i.Tech BlueCON35 II transmitter & Clip R35 receiver (has a 3.5mm jack)

Apr 15, 2007 at 5:15 PM Post #10 of 13
Quote:

Originally Posted by MonkeyA**Sucka /img/forum/go_quote.gif
i.Tech BlueCON35 II transmitter & Clip R35 receiver (has a 3.5mm jack)

Very cool. Thank you. Ideally the transmitter would be a plug-in model (without batteries), but this looks like it might be worth a shot.

Apr 15, 2007 at 5:26 PM Post #11 of 13
I got my father-in-law a couple of pairs of wireless phones a year or two ago, and he tried them all out and decided to stick with the Sennheiser RS65s. They were like $80, and now others can sit in the same room with him while he's watching TV. He's not fussy about the sound so much, but he did find them to be the most comfortable...which for him was a major issue.

Apr 15, 2007 at 5:42 PM Post #12 of 13
Quote:

Originally Posted by Euripides /img/forum/go_quote.gif
and have that picture haunt me forever.......no thanks.

But I did take a picture of the N64 headphones with the Wii remote for you
icon10.gif

Haha, thanks! I'm a huge nostalga gamer, but I don't think I've ever seen an N64 headset in person. That'd be cool!

Apr 15, 2007 at 6:30 PM Post #13 of 13
quattro98; I was just looking for a review of comparing 271S to RS140, so lucky me
smily_headphones1.gif

Could you please tell me, beside the static, how does these two hp's compare ... what are the major differances, how much better the 271s sounds ...

TNX!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back