Anything like the Ipod touch except better?
Dec 18, 2009 at 3:19 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 20

spacemanspliff

Headphoneus Supremus
I want something with wi-fi and fun but not the touch. Unless there is just nothing like it. I want to be able to browse, read books, listen, watch, you know, everything.

Any suggestions are appreciated. I would like to keep it around $200?

Dec 18, 2009 at 3:43 AM Post #3 of 20
Meizu M8
biggrin.gif

Dec 18, 2009 at 3:49 AM Post #4 of 20
If the internet browser or a large selection of apps is important to you, you would do best just getting the touch. I've read many reviews that say there just isn't anything that works smoother than the mobile safari that comes on the touch. Also if you want a large selection of games then you can't beat the touch. If watching movies is the most important thing for you, then the zune hd might be better because of the higher resolution.

Dec 18, 2009 at 4:24 AM Post #5 of 20
The Zune HD is better if you only want a media player (dedicated to music and video), but the iPod is a better all rounder (internet browser, apps, games etc). The Cowon S9 is also worth considering if you want 50+ hours of battery life.

Dec 18, 2009 at 5:31 AM Post #6 of 20
Dec 18, 2009 at 8:40 AM Post #7 of 20
If you want better individual things, all in separate devices, there should be other options. You can get good music player for $200 most definitely. If you just care about video, there's that for $200.

If you want to do "everything", then there's nothing like the ipod touch at this point in time. Or you'll have to wait and see if certain rumored products work out for you when they're released *some time next year* (Sony and iriver's rumored Android PMPs, the actual customer version of the Creative Zii PMP, etc.)

Dec 18, 2009 at 7:46 PM Post #9 of 20
Quote:

Originally Posted by larryhudson /img/forum/go_quote.gif
The Zune HD is better if you only want a media player (dedicated to music and video), but the iPod is a better all rounder (internet browser, apps, games etc). The Cowon S9 is also worth considering if you want 50+ hours of battery life.

The S9 does not have a web browser nor even wi-fi to use it.

Dec 18, 2009 at 8:38 PM Post #10 of 20
The Zune currently doesn't have enterprise wi-fi support, so that may be a factor.

Dec 19, 2009 at 7:37 AM Post #11 of 20
touch 2010 version
evil_smiley.gif

Seriously, if you want to find a player being comparable to what touch can do, I think there is none.

Touch can let you play tons of games, like resident evil 4, emulator. Thunder like browsing speed, and above average quality SQ.............

I don't think there is a player close to it,even Zune HD. I am not saying Zune HD suck, just it can't come close touch then

Dec 19, 2009 at 11:08 AM Post #12 of 20
If you want an all around entertainment system, and don't want the touch, then wait for a tablet to come out I guess. There really isn't anything out there that can do "everything" better (or even as good as) the touch at the moment.

Dec 19, 2009 at 11:17 AM Post #13 of 20
Quote:

Originally Posted by drgnfang /img/forum/go_quote.gif
If you want an all around entertainment system, and don't want the touch, then wait for a tablet to come out I guess. There really isn't anything out there that can do "everything" better (or even as good as) the touch at the moment.

I'll expand on this: There's nothing like the touch in its form factor. You can get an Archos 5 and it will do things better than the touch, but its a lot bigger, and won't fit in your pocket.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back