Anything between AKG 701 and AKG K1000?
Nov 25, 2006 at 9:30 PM Post #16 of 24
Quote:

Originally Posted by philodox /img/forum/go_quote.gif
varro/Samgotit - That's what makes this place great. Everyone has their own personal preference and sound they are looking for. It is quite possible that I just haven't heard the K701's on the right rig.
340smile.gif

I wonder if anyone's listened to a pair of BD balanced K701 on an SDS-XLR. Now that would be the real test... With the Equinox balanced cable just on the horizon, I wonder if anyone'll be willing to do an expensive shoot-out
biggrin.gif

Nov 25, 2006 at 11:34 PM Post #17 of 24
Pretty sure a H K340 would wax any 701 stock but balanced who knows? After having a decent K1000 setup I prefer my current H K340s to the K1000s. Of course, getting a pair of H K340s is a pain in the arse bc I doubt there's 10 of them in existence lol.

Nov 25, 2006 at 11:51 PM Post #18 of 24
Quote:

Originally Posted by Samgotit /img/forum/go_quote.gif
...and I consider them about equal, with a slight edge to the K701.

How's that for making decisions easier?
tongue.gif

Me too, I like the k701s a bit more than the 340 but I can see the appeal of the 340. I like the airier, open sound of the k701. I did only spend a short time with the 340 though, perhaps a longer audition is warranted.

Nov 26, 2006 at 12:35 AM Post #19 of 24
On the K340 vs K701. I would say that the K340 offers better value for money being cheaper used (which is the only way to get it) than a new K701. However it is, very marginally, less preferential to my ears in terms of sound, IMS.

Nov 26, 2006 at 1:09 AM Post #21 of 24
Quote:

Originally Posted by Samgotit /img/forum/go_quote.gif
It is all about taste, though I wish I could have kept them all.

This is why I prefer to go slowly with my purchases and with this hobby in general. Buy a pair of headphones, listen to the music, enjoy them, learn about its sound, start to save again, patience, continue enjoying your old headphones, never spend what you can't afford, buy new headphones, all over again. From time to time sell something you are sure you don't want. As time passes, you will find yourself a better listener and with a fine collection to enjoy. And what if it takes years to have the headphones you want? Great! More time to enjoy the hunt
smily_headphones1.gif

I see many people in this hobby who rushes through a lot of headhones in a few months, even weeks, without enjoying any of them. This is sad.
All the headphones have its heart. The only thing they want is a little love
smily_headphones1.gif

Nov 26, 2006 at 5:11 PM Post #22 of 24
Quote:

Originally Posted by carlosgp /img/forum/go_quote.gif
This is why I prefer to go slowly with my purchases and with this hobby in general. Buy a pair of headphones, listen to the music, enjoy them, learn about its sound, start to save again, patience, continue enjoying your old headphones, never spend what you can't afford, buy new headphones, all over again. From time to time sell something you are sure you don't want. As time passes, you will find yourself a better listener and with a fine collection to enjoy. And what if it takes years to have the headphones you want? Great! More time to enjoy the hunt
smily_headphones1.gif

I see many people in this hobby who rushes through a lot of headhones in a few months, even weeks, without enjoying any of them. This is sad.
smily_headphones1.gif

The wisest words on Head-Fi for a long time!

Nov 26, 2006 at 5:51 PM Post #23 of 24
Quote:

Originally Posted by Duggeh /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Both the Ergo 2 and the Ergo AMT fall into that price range. Both are better than the K701 IMO. I have not heard the K1000 but I have been told it betters the AMT by some people who have heard both.

Ergo 2 and K701 (270€/350€) are the same price (same: Ergo1 vs. K601) — I only heard the K601 (and prefered Ergo).
Between the K1000 (got one) and the AMT (heard one last summer), well, you can hesitate. More medium and charm on the AMT — more transparent and natural dynamic on the K1000 (but this one, you need to find the good amp!)…

Quote:

Originally Posted by philodox /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I guess the K340 would fit the bill, though depending on your preference I would say the scale looks more like this:

K701 <<<<<<<< K340 << K1000

OR

K701 <<<<<<<< K1000 << K340

It is also worth keeping in mind that the K340, in the end, is nearly as expensive as the K1000 when you consider mods and amplification.

For me it's K1000 > K340 (I'll let you know more pricisely next week).

wink.gif

Nov 26, 2006 at 10:23 PM Post #24 of 24
I believe in love from the first sigh... No time to loose, sorry...

Quote:

Originally Posted by carlosgp /img/forum/go_quote.gif
smily_headphones1.gif

smily_headphones1.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back