anything better than iAudio X5 for sound quality?
Oct 18, 2006 at 4:02 PM Post #16 of 19
I've had a Rio Karma for about three years and it has been one of the best sounding DAPs I've auditioned. Also tried out the Zens and 5g Ipod (without Rockbox). Can't beat the UI, doc (that glows!) with ethernet and line out, etc.

Oct 18, 2006 at 4:51 PM Post #17 of 19
Quote:

Originally Posted by marvelusjd
I've had a Rio Karma for about three years and it has been one of the best sounding DAPs I've auditioned. Also tried out the Zens and 5g Ipod (without Rockbox). Can't beat the UI, doc (that glows!) with ethernet and line out, etc.

yeah too bad the Rio Karma is gone. from what i've read it does seem to have very nice sound but had some reliability issues.

Oct 18, 2006 at 4:53 PM Post #18 of 19
Quote:

Originally Posted by pds6
ha_dude says:

I believe one or two members have the M6. I believe they got them in Hong Kong.

i'll keep my eye on the M6, but from browsing the Meizu forums a bit it does seem the UI and firmware needs a bit of work so I'll hold off on the M6 for now.

Oct 20, 2006 at 3:35 AM Post #19 of 19
Quote:

Originally Posted by tha_dude
thanks, i saw the review too. Any head-fiers have experience with the M6?

The Samsung T9 looks pretty good on paper. I've only seen the Cnet review of it where the biggest fault seems to be the mandatory use of the SVI codec to play video but I don't really plan on much, if any, video use on a DAP. It seems Samsung players make you use Windows Media Player 10 to transfer files but I heard that Samsung players are now UMS? Can anyone confirm this?

Until recently, all Samsungs were UMS. The newer ones usually ship with MTP but have alternative UMS firmware that can be downloaded.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back