Anyone with an E7 want to help me out?
Mar 28, 2011 at 2:55 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 2

cobley

New Head-Fier
Ran into a very strange issue today. I havent had a decent set of earbuds for a while since my senn's broke, Ive been running off the pair I got with my phone. I've only used the E7 with my 595s till this morning, plugged the earbuds into the left hand socket, and all I got was distrorted noise and very faint music. Thought the whole thing was broken till I tried the right hand socket, and it worked fine.

So I picked up a pair of sennheiser mx470s earlier, and lo and behold the left socket works. Same for the 595s. The difference? Gold plated audi jack.

Ive tried this with 7 different headphones now (I have tons of old headphones with one ear unresponsive), gold jacks work, any others are distorted.

Is this my E7 or is it, in the words of Top Gear, 'a feature'?

Mar 28, 2011 at 4:35 PM Post #2 of 2
I'd say it's your E7. I just tried mine with 2 generations of iBuds (non gold plated), and a few sets of crappy buds with gold plated jacks. They all worked fine for me.

PS: Felt a need to respond because of the Top Gear reference.

Quote:
Ran into a very strange issue today. I havent had a decent set of earbuds for a while since my senn's broke, Ive been running off the pair I got with my phone. I've only used the E7 with my 595s till this morning, plugged the earbuds into the left hand socket, and all I got was distrorted noise and very faint music. Thought the whole thing was broken till I tried the right hand socket, and it worked fine.

So I picked up a pair of sennheiser mx470s earlier, and lo and behold the left socket works. Same for the 595s. The difference? Gold plated audi jack.

Ive tried this with 7 different headphones now (I have tons of old headphones with one ear unresponsive), gold jacks work, any others are distorted.

Is this my E7 or is it, in the words of Top Gear, 'a feature'?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back