Anyone watch 'Family Guy' last night?
Jun 14, 2005 at 4:11 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 12

bundee1

Headphoneus Supremus
I havent been able to catch many of the new episodes because I work Sunday nights, but last night was pretty good. Did you guys catch the reference to that "kicked in the n#ts" website? Someone posted that link here before and I was the only one in my family who caught that. Great way to end the show.

Jun 14, 2005 at 4:26 AM Post #3 of 12
The new episodes have been pretty good, I have to say. Last week's was not so hot, but this week's was funny. Overall, I'd have to say they're not quite as good as the original 3 seasons, but still way better than 99% of what's on TV.

American Dad, however, is another story....

Jun 14, 2005 at 4:31 AM Post #4 of 12
American Dad is sucking big time. It has its moments butthe way the family is setup seems to limit the jokes.

What was up with the PeterCopter?

Jun 14, 2005 at 4:45 AM Post #5 of 12
I actually thought last night's episode was kinda lame - a little lightweight on the storyline. But I missed the first 10 minutes, so...

Otherwise they are still maintaining the standards of excellence set by Seasons 1 through 3. Yeah, I did not get the Peter copter/blimp joke either.

Jun 14, 2005 at 7:28 AM Post #8 of 12
Damn, I missed it!
Oh well, they'll show all the reruns of the new season on Adult Swim, so I'm not at a total loss...
biggrin.gif
Abe

Jun 14, 2005 at 12:18 PM Post #9 of 12
This was the first FG episode of the new season I thought was really spot on. The others have seemed a little weak to me, almost overshadowed by some great American Dad episodes.

The latest American Dad episode however disappointed me - the others had been going well, but this one didn't hit the mark IMO.

I'm quite a longstanding Family Guy fan - my friends and I spent much of college enjoying the series (random playlist of all the episodes on infinite repeat + alcohol = fun evening). It got to the point to where an average person had a hard time understanding us due to all our family guy references during normal conversation with each other (and to a lesser extent Simpsons and South Park).

-dd3mon

Jun 14, 2005 at 12:47 PM Post #10 of 12
Quote:

Originally Posted by dd3mon

I'm quite a longstanding Family Guy fan - my friends and I spent much of college enjoying the series (random playlist of all the episodes on infinite repeat + alcohol = fun evening). It got to the point to where an average person had a hard time understanding us due to all our family guy references during normal conversation with each other (and to a lesser extent Simpsons and South Park).

-dd3mon

You just summed up the past 3 years of my life
icon10.gif

Jun 14, 2005 at 12:51 PM Post #11 of 12
i'm more of a Simpsons fan, but I've been enjoying the new episodes of Family Guy.

I'm struggling right now to think of a joke on last week's episode that I couldn't believe they did. Must remember... or I think I still have it on the Replay.

Jun 14, 2005 at 12:58 PM Post #12 of 12
I didn't really care for this past episode (at least not the first half, which was all I got to see). Kinda surprising, because I liked the previous new episodes.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back