anyone using / used westone UM Pro50 iem
Jan 6, 2022 at 10:01 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 4

turneround

New Head-Fier
hi all,

Just wondering if anyone has opinions on the Pro50's. A friend has a set for sale at a very good price, they are 4 years old and were used for playing gigs, ive been told they are little used (due to bluetooth upgrade and no gigs due to covid). I currently have a trusty set of SE425's but would like to upgrade and these have just popped up. i'll be able to demo them shortly but i just thought id ask if anyone has experience using these.

They will be used with a Cowon D2 and i listen mostly to electronic music (with some grateful dead, jj cale, valerie June etc thrown in)

cheers

Jan 6, 2022 at 1:37 PM Post #2 of 4
I use them and love them!

They're very warm (lots of mid-bass, decent sub-bass) and not particularly detailed. Very forgiving and not fatiguing, to my ear. I find the soundstage to be pretty wide/large when the music calls for it, but I've never heard of other people with that impression, so maybe it's just me.

I think the two main drawbacks for me are that 1) they're very tip-dependent (I use Symbios), and 2) something about the frequency response makes them sound best when they're a little louder than I normally like to listen.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back