Anyone using the Twisted Pear Joshua Tree?
Sep 26, 2007 at 10:21 PM Post #16 of 22
yeah pabbi1 spill the guts man!

swt61: you'll be dangerous with a soldering iron and woodworking tools. Remember, Austin is cheap for shipping those first few broken builds for inspection.... not as close as pabbi1 is to helping hands in the dallas area, though
tongue.gif

Sep 26, 2007 at 11:26 PM Post #17 of 22
Quote:

Originally Posted by rockcod /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Is that a balanced Millett Hybrid with dual-differential OPUS? It'd be helluva setup!

Why do you need two Dual Supply Modules since you are not using Ballsie?

Letting you guys down a little - it is indeed an OPUS with a Ballsie (not the dual differential) - the dedicated Trafos are for the 2 dual PSU - what you don't yet see is the S/PDIF receiver, so it is two dual PSU for the 3 modules (somehow). The out is for combo XLR, so it will run balanced OR two single ended. This will mainly be balanced out, from a relatively cheap transport... at least for now...

Jan 19, 2008 at 11:08 PM Post #18 of 22
Any other thoughts on the Joshua Tree? How does it compare to a traditional stepped attenuator?

Jan 20, 2008 at 2:02 AM Post #19 of 22
I have been using one in a Blue Hawaii and so far so good. Sound Q wise I can't compare it to a regular stepped attenuator. One thing I really do like is that it has 128 steps so fine adjustments are not a problem. I don't find any steps where I wish there was a in between step. The only down side I could see is the extra space of adding the boards and the extra transformer.

Jan 21, 2008 at 3:46 AM Post #20 of 22
I have one small complaint. If you have a source that is DC coupled, then there is a annoying pop right around the 50% mark. For me, zero is pointing down and this happens around 11:00->12:00. You'll have to turn real slow to find it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back