Anyone using an HDphone extension cord with the PM-1?
Sep 3, 2014 at 9:22 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 6

jllaudio

New Head-Fier
I find the length of my PM-1 headphone cable is too short to reach my preferred listening location.  Anyone using an extension cable with their PM-1?  If so, are you finding an unacceptable loss due to the cable?  If not, what extension cable are you using and how much does it cost, preferably under $100?

Thanks

John

Sep 4, 2014 at 8:07 AM Post #2 of 6
I find the length of my PM-1 headphone cable is too short to reach my preferred listening location.  Anyone using an extension cable with their PM-1?  If so, are you finding an unacceptable loss due to the cable?  If not, what extension cable are you using and how much does it cost, preferably under $100?

Thanks

John

I know nothing about the PM-1 cable, or the size of the connector, but I find the Grado extension cord to be quite good. I own a couple of these, and do not notice any loss.

Sep 4, 2014 at 12:11 PM Post #3 of 6
I know nothing about the PM-1 cable, or the size of the connector, but I find the Grado extension cord to be quite good. I own a couple of these, and do not notice any loss.

Thanks, I think I've seen it at Music Direct for about $39.  May I ask how long is your total length with the extension?

Sep 5, 2014 at 10:22 AM Post #5 of 6
I don't know your location, obviously,
but Redco Audio in Connecticut will make you
a custom cable terminated as you specify
for about $40 for 10 feet.

They have the very highly regarded
Gotham 3, along with Mogami, Gepco,
and others. Customer service is nonpareil.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back