Anyone used Sam Kim's services?
May 29, 2011 at 2:48 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 1

nick n

Headphoneus Supremus
Someone in here has to know somebody....
Was wanting to know if anyone has a restored amp or knows someone with an amp that SAM KIM of Sam's Audio Labs has worked on? I am debating whether to send in my tube to him for a nutso resto. I would consider it an investment for down the road that could only appreciate over time. Apparently Sam:
"Wanting to know more, I studied the circuitry of all the world's best audio systems, collecting over 500 famous schematic diagrams. Soon, I could draw them all out from memory.

Sam has memorized 5,000 circuits from audio to x-ray technologies."
also from Sterophile review :
"I place Sam Kim in the company of the Audio Gods: Hiroyasu Kondo of Audio Note and Nobu Shishido of Wavac (both of whom are no longer with us), and Noriyasu Komuro of Komuro Audio Labs. ( anyone familiar with them ???? beyond a websearch I mean... )

Sam Kim is a master audio artist who has memorized more than 500 schematics. One of 20 men selected in the 1960s by the Korean Government for training in PhD-level electronics engineering, he was the top engineer in the Korean Radio Regulation Department of the Ministry of Communication."
I am not selling this guy but really want to know of anyone who knows of him, if I am to $ave for this. Apparently he goes through the ENTIRE thing tweaking, testing, upgrading and de/resoldering the whole deal part by part.  His reference amp that blew folks away just happens to be the same model I own, which is what peaked my curiosity. AA-151.

Any information appreciated. It would take me a while to save the dough anyhow.
Thanks.
 This would mean i would have to grab some high end Stax or similar, which suits me just perfectly fine.

time to look into the REMO WILLIAMS brown rice diet.
normal_smile%20.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back