Anyone Use These Customs (Very Interesting Cable) ADDED PICTURE
Aug 25, 2008 at 5:20 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 11

pseudohippy

500+ Head-Fier
Has anyone used the customs from Custom Protect Ear, Custom Hearing Protection, Hearing Protector, Ear Plug, Industrial Hearing Protection ? One of my biker friends has them. They have quite a few different models to choose from, just go to products and select either by "activity" or by "industry". Im most interested in the db blocker allsports in the motorcycle riding section, but they have many many selections.

Here is a link to the page with the ones I like most with the interesting over the ear cable. Im worried about sound quality a bit, or are these better.

Hearing Protection, Hearing Product, Custom Ear Piece, Ear Plug, Hearing Protector

When you hit "more info" it will open a PDF brosure. Its safe.

Aug 26, 2008 at 8:49 AM Post #2 of 11
The drivers are (I guess you know this but anyway) in the black part between the black cable and the clear tubing. I have not tried any products like this before, but I would not expect them to have sound quality as good as earphones with the drivers in the earpiece. Wouldn't vibrations be transmitted to the tube and interfere with the sound from the driver? I'm not sure.

Aug 26, 2008 at 7:23 PM Post #4 of 11
They also sell Custon Monitors for musicians and they seem to have a more standard cable.

This one almost appears to work like a doctors stethescope. I didnt realize the drivers werent in the ear piece, there is supposed to be 2 tuned drivers.

Hmm... Im so curious about the sound quiality I almost want to get them just to see. I like the idea of the silicone earpiece also.

Oct 28, 2008 at 1:11 AM Post #5 of 11
What's the pricing? CPE certainly has one of the least informative websites ever. I'm thinking about sending them a mail to ask what model they'd recommend for hi-fi music reproduction but having seen their site I doubt there will be a serious reply.

Oct 28, 2008 at 1:37 AM Post #6 of 11
I think it's an interesting idea. If the tube could transmit the sound with any degree of reliability and musicality, then the possibilities for swapping drivers and customization would be endless.

Oct 28, 2008 at 1:45 AM Post #7 of 11
I wish they'd give some more info on pricing.. Or ANY info on pricing. I have a pair of C3s on the way so I won't be buying any but I am thinking about a pair of custom earplugs and this site has a massive selection, better than any I have seen.. Don't think I can be bothered sending them an email, to be honest.. Lazy, I know, but I'm a lazy, lazy man...

Oct 28, 2008 at 2:07 AM Post #8 of 11
Quote:

Originally Posted by Punnisher /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I think it's an interesting idea. If the tube could transmit the sound with any degree of reliability and musicality, then the possibilities for swapping drivers and customization would be endless.

very well put Nate it would be cool but I doubt it sounds as good as having the drivers closer towards the tubes

Oct 28, 2008 at 2:40 AM Post #9 of 11
Quote:

I'd be a bit skeptical about sound traveling through all those spirals and stuff
tongue.gif
but knowing Head-fi, someone is going to tell me other wise
tongue.gif

Oct 28, 2008 at 3:20 AM Post #10 of 11
I actually wrote the prices down on a sticky. I called them and the owner called me back like two weeks later. I have a friend that swears by them but I dont think he is into quality or would realize if they are good or not. He took two weeks to call me back and by then I had the SE530. He said he was on vacation or something.

Oct 28, 2008 at 10:04 AM Post #11 of 11
Quote:

Looking th the "cable" it looks as if it might fit on standard iem's like ER4, Shure etc.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back