Anyone use the iTrip?
Oct 25, 2009 at 6:07 PM Post #3 of 13
I used one for several trips across the US. It worked ok, but in many metro areas there was a lot of noise-- especially Kansas City, as I recall. With fiddling it was serviceable, but there were constant problems with ignition noise and external interference.

It's convenient, but don't expect real hi-fi. I lived with it for about 6 months before getting a new car stereo with ipod hook-up.

Oct 25, 2009 at 7:08 PM Post #4 of 13
I'm asking because the aux port on the car only plays half the speakers in the car for some reason (a Lexus ES350), and I really don't want the hassle of burning CDs...

Oct 25, 2009 at 7:18 PM Post #6 of 13
You maybe disappointed with the sound quality as mentioned before in regards of locking in a frequency. It will get frustrating to keep changing stations to find optimal reception, for in home use it's not bad but I would prefer a cable instead.

Oct 26, 2009 at 5:17 AM Post #7 of 13
google for iTrip Mods, you can extend the internal antenna and make a huge difference to the performance , its not great but it's usable

Oct 26, 2009 at 5:37 AM Post #8 of 13
Better to get an iPod dock/charge adapter for your headunit.

Oct 26, 2009 at 1:00 PM Post #10 of 13
I have a different Griffin model and it sucks. Most of the time it can't find an open channel and when it finally does radio will start to bleed in very shortly.

The good thing about it is it has a line out on it that i use to feed a cassette ipod adaptor. This works like a champ. It also charges the ipod while you are listening. If you have a cassette player in your car stereo this is a good way to go.

Oct 26, 2009 at 4:41 PM Post #13 of 13
Quote:

Originally Posted by SiriuslyCold /img/forum/go_quote.gif
i did, and iFell.

iLol'd

Users who are viewing this thread

Back