Anyone use a modest-priced amp with an iaudio D2?
May 22, 2008 at 5:46 PM Post #3 of 7
I really dont think price means anything as to the quality sound to an amp.
Take a look at what it takes to build some of these amps. Some dont cost all that much really, and sometimes a cheaper amp is as good or better than an expensive one.

Some people like the little C&C Box+ better than an RS71. There are people on this forum that have stated that. The RS71 is 3 or 4 times the price of the little C&C Box+.

So, hear it for yourself, and if you like the sound,features, and form factor, then forget what everyone else thinks and enjoy it.

I do use people opinions to narrow down some choices, like if the majority says something sounds terrible, but then in the end ,its my choice.

All im saying is, dont be afraid of modest priced amps. The Meier Headsix is modestly priced and has great ratings on head-Fi.
smily_headphones1.gif

May 23, 2008 at 8:48 AM Post #4 of 7
Thanks Drag0n.

I'm after a budget amp, as I have a limited budget. No other reason.

Since I'm not aware of a local shop with these to demo and also as the D2 is not a High Street mp3 player here, I have to base a lot of the decision on the recommendations of owners.

That said, the general endorsement of the Meier/D2 combination is comforting as long as it's from owners and therefore accurate. Not much point in buying an amp, however good it is, if it makes no difference to the D2 and 5 Pro/SR80 combination.

Cheers

May 24, 2008 at 4:25 AM Post #7 of 7
you have to be careful with the amp if it's going to be portable because ive heard that there are LESS powerful portable amps than the internal amp of the D2. It is probably the most powerful portable player out there.

I dont have a clue of whether it is true that the internal amp is hat powerful r how it compare to the most popular amps, i just heard some guys talking about that.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back