Anyone try the Phiaton PS 20 yet?
Dec 11, 2010 at 2:16 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 6

dweaver

Headphoneus Supremus
The Phiaton PS 20 looks kind of interesting and very comfortable. Just curious if anyone has tried it yet.

Dec 11, 2010 at 2:59 PM Post #2 of 6
Yep, it's quite impressive in terms of sound but as usual not for those with smaller outer ears and the isolation is mediocre. Sound is bottom-heavy but the midrange and presentation are most impressive - they sound more like earbuds than IEMs and have no veil over the mids whatsoever. 

Dec 11, 2010 at 3:05 PM Post #3 of 6
hmmm, that sounds like something I would like as I don't mind mediocre isolation and like some bass :). If the mids and treble are good I may just have to try a pair of these. Need to sell off some stuff first though.

Dec 20, 2010 at 3:56 PM Post #4 of 6

Quote:
Yep, it's quite impressive in terms of sound but as usual not for those with smaller outer ears and the isolation is mediocre. Sound is bottom-heavy but the midrange and presentation are most impressive - they sound more like earbuds than IEMs and have no veil over the mids whatsoever. 

How does it compare to the Phiaton PS 210?

Dec 20, 2010 at 8:44 PM Post #5 of 6
Quote:
How does it compare to the Phiaton PS 210?

They're pretty different. The PS210 is lean-sounding and very spacious while the PS20 is powerful at the low end and has nice thickness and articulation. I'd say the PS20 is more of a 'consumer' type of sound while the PS210 is more 'audiophile'. 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back