Anyone try the Burson Disrete Opamp Upgrade Modules
Jul 18, 2009 at 7:51 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 4

skeptic

Headphoneus Supremus
I stumbled on this discrete opamp upgrade module (Burson Single Opamp upgrade for Rotel Arcam CD Player - eBay (item 120447995309 end time Jul-24-09 06:49:11 PDT)) while poking around on ebay, and per the bottom of the page, it looks like at least one customer has successfully used the Burson Opamps to upgrade his Keces 131 DAC.

I'm interested in attempting the same, but I would love to hear if any of you have experience with Burson's products. Also, the Keces 131 has socketed opamps. Are there any recommendations on where I could buy a socket footing to attach to the Burson unit so I wouldn't have to be soldering directly on the board?

Thanks in advance for any input you may have.

Jul 19, 2009 at 3:58 PM Post #3 of 4
Thanks for the suggestion with respect to the audio-GD HDAM's X. Looks like a more cost effective alternative to the Burson module.

I guess it leaves me with the same initial questions though - (1) is any one of these HDAM's really going to improve the overall sound as compared to the current LME49710 in my output stage; and (2) is it possible to solder the HDAM to an opamp socket so I can easily swap it back and forth with the current opamp?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back