Anyone tried to make a DIY Senn replacement cable?
Mar 19, 2002 at 5:53 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 4

Jim R

Head-Fier
I own HD600's and it sure looks like they could benefit from a better cable but it is hard for me to justify spending $100+ for a commercial replacement. I would also like to have a shorter high quality cable for portable use (2 ft or so) which does not apper to be available commercially.

I have always made all my other audio cables. I have a $6000+ audio system and I have never spent $100 or more on a cable even for that (I currently use DIY silver foil AG-Goertz AG-2 clones for speakers cables and Chris Venhaus silver IC's for all my IC's including a 3 wire version for my portable headphone system).

Has anyone experimented with any DIY alternatives for a Senn replacement (silver, copper, etc.). Of course the one challenge would be the small plug ends which would be difficult to source without maybe just using the ones on the stock cable and trying to splice into them. Thanks.

Mar 20, 2002 at 12:43 AM Post #2 of 4
So far, Cardas is the only company who doesn't splice. I think it is totally possible, but it would just take some experimenting. I would try it myself, but I can barely make magnet wire IC's. Go for it, it couldn't be that hard.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back