Anyone tried the Everglide S-500?
Dec 12, 2007 at 11:37 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 14

Mush

100+ Head-Fier
Has any one tried the Everglide S-500 yet? If so how are they?

Dec 13, 2007 at 12:41 AM Post #2 of 14
Why would i buy headphones from a company that makes mousepads?

Dec 13, 2007 at 6:32 AM Post #4 of 14
which ones would u suggest for similar price? both closed and open..?

Dec 13, 2007 at 7:54 AM Post #5 of 14
The S500 was one of the more - if not the most natural sounding headphones compared to other gaming headphones. It's just severely lacking in bass, unless the seal wasn't too good.

The S500 is huge. You're not going to believe how large they are.

Dec 13, 2007 at 8:56 AM Post #6 of 14
Quote:

Originally Posted by Mush /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Has any one tried the Everglide S-500 yet? If so how are they?

I reviewed those for the mag I write for (Digit, India). Not bad, but too boomy for music. Decent for gaming, but I think my A900 totally owns them. As Dcee said there are better VFM options out there...

OT: I own an Everglide Titan...rocks
cool.gif

Dec 14, 2007 at 9:01 AM Post #7 of 14
Hm...damn im sort of a bass head..so if they lack bass that is definitely a turn off for me....well just got the KSC75...for now until i have money for something from $100~200 range

Dec 14, 2007 at 9:11 AM Post #8 of 14
Quote:

Originally Posted by Mush /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Has any one tried the Everglide S-500 yet?

Sounds naughty.
biggrin.gif

May 12, 2008 at 2:54 AM Post #11 of 14
i bought them on woot for $20 and they are good for some things.

If you want to block out noise while studying and you just listen to some kind of ambient music or something you are not critically analyzing, they're great!

If you want to watch a movie or play a game on a computer or even a tv (the 10ft cord alows me to sit on my couch and hav them plugged into the tv in my dorm room) they work great!

They are slightly better, and more fun to listen to, than stock ipod earbuds, but again, so is almost anything. However, if you are looking for great music headphones, these are not them.

They are HUGE but very comfortable.

If you can find them for $20 like I did, they are definitely worth it.

Mar 9, 2010 at 7:55 AM Post #12 of 14
I bought them off Woot for $20 as well a couple years ago.

for $20, an absolute steal. They're very comfortable, but like others have said before me, VERY big. The cord doesn't tangle and is LONG - long enough for me to walk across my room without having to take them off.

The sound is a bit more on the "fun" rather than "accuracy" side of things, but at the price I got them I definitely can't explain. They're a lot more full sounding then I ever expected them to be - which is why they're still in regular use, for music, games, movies etc.

I wouldn't recommend them for strict music use but they're great for multiple uses - far more balanced than other gaming headsets. I can easily see them getting rebranded under a non-gaming company and fooling a lot of people.

Mar 9, 2010 at 5:51 PM Post #14 of 14
Quote:

Originally Posted by USCdeacon /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I bought them off Woot for $20 as well a couple years ago.

for $20, an absolute steal. They're very comfortable, but like others have said before me, VERY big. The cord doesn't tangle and is LONG - long enough for me to walk across my room without having to take them off.

The sound is a bit more on the "fun" rather than "accuracy" side of things, but at the price I got them I definitely can't explain. They're a lot more full sounding then I ever expected them to be - which is why they're still in regular use, for music, games, movies etc.

I wouldn't recommend them for strict music use but they're great for multiple uses - far more balanced than other gaming headsets. I can easily see them getting rebranded under a non-gaming company and fooling a lot of people.

Yes, I quite Agree, I recently took mine apart after I sort-of broke them. They appeared to be surprisingly high quality, especially compared to what I paid to woot for them. I am still considering putting other drivers in them, because they are so comfortable.

I'm rather surprised to see a topic on this here, as they are certainly not well known, as far as I know. Also: never pay $100 (MSRP) for them.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back