anyone tried Darkvoice 337se
Mar 7, 2009 at 4:54 AM Post #31 of 42
Damn those are some awesome pictures Les! And very substantial differences, more so than I thought.

Mar 7, 2009 at 6:19 AM Post #33 of 42
Quote:

Originally Posted by winzzz /img/forum/go_quote.gif
does 337 great for low impedance phone les garten ? such as grado ? thx

Hi,
I have the GS1000's. To me at least, they were VERY Bright and VERY Sibilant with my Yulong, LD MK V and Zero. They are awesome with the 337SE. The Sibilance is just what is in the recoding and the detail, resolution, and 3-D and Layering effect of the soundstage made me want to keep the GS1000's. Their Head was on the Block till them. I also have DX1000's and D5000's. All pretty low Impedance. This AMP handles them all perfectly at least to my ears.

Handles HD650's well too. The amp feels like it has enough power to weld with!

I am running it with TungSol 5998s and Amperex EF80s per Skylab's suggestion. I like all the 6AS7Gs also. None of the 6080s were interesting.

For input tubes I have only Used Amperex EF80 Bugle Boyz.

I have a lot of PIX I shot for a review of it. I need to complete that
biggrin.gif

I'm concentrating on getting ready for a new DAC (Audio-GD REF1) so am a little distracted at present.

If Skylab has a 337SE, I would be interested in hearing the differences to the 337, seems there are less Input tube rolling opportunities.

Mar 7, 2009 at 6:20 AM Post #34 of 42
The complaints in this thread over shipping costs are hilarious! Comparing a tiny little dot to a monster 337 for shipping costs, that's just priceless!

And I loved SACD post, pointing out the bigger picture in costs. And then the automatic assumptions Woo sounds better because it's not Chinese? At least that's how it was implied to me.

This thread is just full of win!

Mar 7, 2009 at 7:08 AM Post #35 of 42
Quote:

Originally Posted by darkvoice2003 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
DARKVOCIE337SE are our best products, the quality definitely good, of course, price is not cheap. I hope you can soon get DARKVOICE337

Well, since you are posting here a couple times in a row. You may want to "Fix" the pictures of the 337SE on your Webpage. The Tube cage is crooked in your Website pictures. The worry of people who want to buy products from China is that they are Cheaply made and Slip Shod in Quality Control. Your website Photo's are the First Impression someone has of your Company.

"You never get a second Chance to make a First Impression"

You really should replace that photo.

I sent you guys two emails about this. The impression I get is that you don't see this as important, but it makes your Company look Sloppy, and that you do not have attention to detail.

When I review your amp, it will be favorable for your product. I love the amp. But the communication issues I suffered through were horrendous. I am not referring to the differences of language, but to the fact that you just flat refused to answer questions. Numerous times the same questions. Then there's the money issue...

So since you decided to post here looking for some sales and marketing, you have to take the good with the bad...

I'm actually still waiting for your company to make good on a few things. I asked you in an email if you wanted to leave things the way they were and was blown off and ignored. This will be elucidated in some detail in the review.

And yes, I am a little irritated with my experience dealing "Directly" with Darkvoice incase nobody noticed.

At first I wasn't going to say anything here. But you were so zealous in your postings here, it irritated me that you wouldn't answer me after you received payment for the sale. You communicated perfectly up till then. Had you privately satisfied your Customer, he would not be Publicly expressing his dissatisfaction.

Since this is a 337SE review/question thread, your company is getting a little review here.

Love the AMP though...

Mar 7, 2009 at 2:17 PM Post #36 of 42
The insides of that amp REALLY do look nice! Wow.

I had thought about getting a 337SE but have never done so. Part of my "issue" is I have built up a nice little collection of NOS 6SJ7GT's (Tung-sol Mesh-plates, Raytheon Bantal's, Sylvania VT-116A's, etc), and so the switch to the EF80 kind of turned me off. The EF80 (the US equivalent is 6BX6) does have some rolling options - the Amperex mesh-mesh plates certainly look the nicest, but the Siemens tubes also are probably very good. The only ones I tried in my 337 were the Amperex and some Raytheons (I have a set of adapters that let me use the EF80/6BX6 in my stock 337).

Mar 7, 2009 at 2:21 PM Post #37 of 42
For anyone who live in the USA, I would recommend buying the Darkvoice products through Head-Direct, since they provide excellent customer service from right here in the USA. Their shipping prices are very reasonable too.

Mar 7, 2009 at 3:03 PM Post #38 of 42
Quote:

Originally Posted by Skylab /img/forum/go_quote.gif
The insides of that amp REALLY do look nice! Wow.

I had thought about getting a 337SE but have never done so. Part of my "issue" is I have built up a nice little collection of NOS 6SJ7GT's (Tung-sol Mesh-plates, Raytheon Bantal's, Sylvania VT-116A's, etc), and so the switch to the EF80 kind of turned me off. The EF80 (the US equivalent is 6BX6) does have some rolling options - the Amperex mesh-mesh plates certainly look the nicest, but the Siemens tubes also are probably very good. The only ones I tried in my 337 were the Amperex and some Raytheons (I have a set of adapters that let me use the EF80/6BX6 in my stock 337).

Here's what I have in there

Amperex

>>

Bugle Boy

>>

Mar 7, 2009 at 3:04 PM Post #39 of 42
Quote:

Originally Posted by Skylab /img/forum/go_quote.gif
For anyone who live in the USA, I would recommend buying the Darkvoice products through Head-Direct, since they provide excellent customer service from right here in the USA. Their shipping prices are very reasonable too.

Absolutely!

Wish they had been an option when I bought mine.

Although I was interested in what it was like dealing with the company.

I am having a total different experience now with Audio-GD on a REF1 DAC. They are Ultra Responsive. Will FIX or Modify their website immediately. Respond to emails around the clock. Do custom work, etc, etc etc.

I had soem damage to the Finish on my 337SE from shipping before the paint cured. The styrofoam packing material kinda goofed up the surface on the uncured soft paint. No way to get them to respond about it.

Absolute pleasure to deal with.

Mar 7, 2009 at 7:20 PM Post #40 of 42
Yeah, those are the mesh-plate EF80's - nice tubes.

And yeah, I wish Head-Direct has been an option when I got my DV stuff too!

Mar 7, 2009 at 7:28 PM Post #41 of 42
About my 337SE Pic above.

It always looked to me like they "Forgot" to put the Zip Tie strap downs on the Green caps.

That would seem to be bad because in shipping a Jolt could make the weight of those three caps pull a leg loose from the PCB.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back