Anyone tried AGPtek players ?
Jul 9, 2016 at 5:31 PM Post #31 of 77
An android AGPtEK dap showing up on Amazon U.S.?

https://www.amazon.com/AGPtEK-IMP-4-Inch-Touchscreen-support/dp/B017U7A0XW/ref=sr_1_6?ie=UTF8&qid=1468099767&sr=8-6&keywords=Agptek+mp3

Jul 10, 2016 at 7:50 AM Post #32 of 77

https://www.amazon.com/AGPtEK-IMP-4-Inch-Touchscreen-support/dp/B017U7A0XW/ref=sr_1_6?ie=UTF8&qid=1468099767&sr=8-6&keywords=Agptek+mp3[/quote...............

Wonder why they using the same name as the Imp ? .. This looks more like a phone....

Jul 10, 2016 at 2:09 PM Post #33 of 77

https://www.amazon.com/AGPtEK-IMP-4-Inch-Touchscreen-support/dp/B017U7A0XW/ref=sr_1_6?ie=UTF8&qid=1468099767&sr=8-6&keywords=Agptek+mp3[/quote...............

Wonder why they using the same name as the Imp ? .. This looks more like a phone....

I'm guessing that's either a typo or a tactic to get the product in front of people looking for an imp. If you look at the back of the device the photo shows the label "element"

Jul 10, 2016 at 4:19 PM Post #34 of 77

https://www.amazon.com/AGPtEK-IMP-4-Inch-Touchscreen-support/dp/B017U7A0XW/ref=sr_1_6?ie=UTF8&qid=1468099767&sr=8-6&keywords=Agptek+mp3

Hello - my first post here! :) I have this player purchased from amazon.  It is a phone, the Sencor Element P403.(with Agptek custom firmware) It runs android 4.4.2 and also has Rockbox installed.

Very skimpy with instructions and accessories. No manual, only a usb cable, 1300mah phone battery and european plug.

Jul 13, 2016 at 9:24 PM Post #37 of 77
With wi-fi on, browsing internet, email, facebook, etc, about 4.5 to 5 hours. I have not tested music only, non-wi-fi just yet, but will do a test soon.  It may be possible to use  a higher rated capacity replacement, if you can find one.

Kind of a curious approach unless there's something special about the dac in this.

Jul 16, 2016 at 6:35 AM Post #38 of 77
Argos. Uk. Just started to sell a. Agptek Imp copy , but made by there brand Acoustic Solutions. Looks the same but uts built in memory 128gb, ... but no extra sd card slot , also as Bluetooth, £99

Jul 16, 2016 at 4:47 PM Post #39 of 77
5588998_R_Z001A
this is the new argos  imp copy, with older front version with the lock tab on...£99

Jul 17, 2016 at 12:09 PM Post #40 of 77
I remember the original Acoustic Solutions player looking very like the Fiio X1 and it didn't have many good reviews, I wonder how this one compares to it. I saw it yesterday and thought it was a straight clone of the AGpTEK

Jul 17, 2016 at 1:54 PM Post #41 of 77
Yes that's why I posted this info up, its got Bluetooth, and no extra memory,  only the 128gb  built in, . im waiting for the first sale for a go...... lol

Jul 17, 2016 at 2:24 PM Post #42 of 77
I noticed in some pictures that it had a flap (steady) whilst in others it didn't.  Did wonder if the flap if it is there concealed a micro sd slot?

I see that it's got the usb socket symbol next to it but isn't that for the port next to it on the left?

Jul 17, 2016 at 4:09 PM Post #43 of 77
The left hand side hole is the  usb for charging and data, the middle hole was for the extra sd card but it is now sealed up, and the right for headphones..... and that's it... no more storage.  ever.

Jul 25, 2016 at 7:42 PM Post #44 of 77
Kind of a curious approach unless there's something special about the dac in this.

Sorry for the late reply. With screen turned off, volume at normal listening levels and using MEE audio HT-21 headphones, I got 23 hours of battery life. I've been debating whether of not I should keep it since it is still within the amazon 30 day window, but I think I will keep it strictly as an android music player.

As for DAC, surprisingly, it sounds ok. There is nice imaging, decent clarity...it's possible agptek techs enhanced/tweaked the sound with their own firmware, so anything is possible. I wish I could find out what kind of dac/amp it uses though. One negative is that while Rockbox does work, it has finicky touch menu..it could be the theme installed was not optimized for the phone's screen resolution. One thing I do like is that when holding in left hand the up/down volume buttons are on the left side of the phone for easy access when using the ol' thumb.

Jul 29, 2016 at 7:15 AM Post #45 of 77
Looks like there is a new video review of the imp touch on Amazon. I agree with most of what the reviewer said, except that it is not similar to an android phone, it IS an Andriod phone (sencor element p403) The reason that apps start slow is because there is only 512 megs of ram, so the system can't keep these apps in memory very long.

I do wish the review would be more audio oriented since the player was marketed that way, but it does the other things okay..it is essentially a micro tablet similar in concept to an ipod touch, but for a much cheaper price. One thing of note, the phone's operating system cannot be updated as agptek has stripped out this feature along with phone functionality. It will be forever stuck with kitkat 4.4.3, which may be a good thing since it would have problems running android marshmallow and versions above.

As mentioned previously, the DAC is ok. It doesn't have the clarity or depth of a real dap, but it will provide music enjoyment to non-audiophiles!

PROS:

1. Android system, can customize with your own launcher, and music apps
  2. Removable phone battery (1300mah)
  3. microsd slot
  4. volume button on left side
  5. wi-fi, GPS and bluetooth 4.0
  6. Rockbox installed
  7. Clear 4" screen (800 x 480)
  8. speakers
  9. battery life for playing music only

CONS:

1. No Manual or help to install battery/microsd card
  2. european usb cable
  3. RAM (512 megs)
  4. Average processor
  5. no accessories (screen protector/case) available
  6. overpriced compared to other cheap phones with better specs (e.g. Ulefone U007, OUKITEL C3, etc.)
  7. DAC (it could use an amp for cleaner sound)
  8. Internal memory 4GB with only 1.6 available
  9. low quality camera sensor

Users who are viewing this thread

Back