Anyone still playing StarCraft??
Mar 21, 2006 at 3:24 AM Post #16 of 36
SC was great fun. Never really played it online but played it plenty over lan. I'll probably start lanning it again, simply because there isn't another RTS out right now, or on the horizon, that I'd rather play instead. I preferred it to Warcraft 3 too.

I'm not sure about the perfect balance though, it seems to me that Terrans have won far more on the pro circuit than the other 2. Pretty much every tourney winner that I hear about is a Terran, and I don't remember the last time that a Toss player ever won anything. But, I haven't followed the scene for years and years now. I guess I'm just bitter being a Toss player myself
tongue.gif

Mar 21, 2006 at 3:28 AM Post #17 of 36
I think for the average joe player, the different races are pretty even but also complement each other really well when you are playing with teammates. I usually play toss or zerg, hardly ever do terran though, too much multitasking for me!
Slade

Sep 5, 2007 at 3:13 AM Post #18 of 36
Big bump from the past
smily_headphones1.gif

I'm still in love with this game. While I've never been hardcore at this game, I'm only now starting to appreciate the sheer complexity in balancing the game. Yes, it seems that Terrans might have a silght advantage (judging from watching some pros), but it's not impossible to win with any other race.

The most amazing thing for me is that they were able to design three different races with three completely different play mechanics. Terrans can build anywhere and repair things; Zerg are fast, can heal themselves, but are limited to building on the creep; Toss can build multiple things with one probe and have rechargable shields. Plus, the fact that they each have specialized units with varying abilities... it's mind boggling how Blizzard made this game as perfect as it is.

But anyways, enough gushing. Who's still playing this game?

Sep 5, 2007 at 4:05 AM Post #23 of 36
I play fastest whenever I have the time to. I remember back in the day me n my friend would raise a bunch of Zerg Overlords till the point where the game would overload, making it impossible to build new structures. From there we would flood peoples bases, and then move in a ground team. The beauty of it is that they dont know what is happening because they cant see their base if 500 overlords are hovering above their base.

Sep 5, 2007 at 4:05 AM Post #24 of 36
On that note, I mainly play it online to piss people off. It's soooo much fun.

Sep 5, 2007 at 4:26 AM Post #25 of 36
Occasionally. Same goes for Diablo and Warcraft. I usually install the game again and play it over to watch the great cinematics that only Blizzard can do
smily_headphones1.gif
And eagerly anticipating SC 2
smily_headphones1.gif

Sep 26, 2007 at 10:34 PM Post #27 of 36
yep, i still think that SC is the best multiplayer game ever. unlike WoW, which is addictive but no fun because it doesn't deliver the goods.

SC + DoTA is all the gaming anyone will ever need!

Sep 26, 2007 at 10:52 PM Post #28 of 36
No, Starcraft, Quake III, and Counter Strike are all you need for good group gaming experience.

Way back I used to play with a bunch of friends at our local Internet Cafe. Everytime you pawn someone, you can just yell and tease that dude behind you.

But the thing is, when playing Starcraft my mate always cheated by peeping and see where I was in the map, hehe..

Sep 27, 2007 at 2:53 AM Post #30 of 36
I play! Anyone want to play with me?

US West: CoconutCream

Man the koreans are always kickin my butt
frown.gif

I'm waiting for Starcraft 2
smily_headphones1.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back