Anyone spend lots of $$$$$$ on sunglasses???
Jul 6, 2002 at 4:11 AM Post #31 of 52
I love my serengeti drivers. I've owned two pairs in the last 20 years. I lost the first pair. Not a scratch on either one of them and a great fit. Lightweight too!

Michael

Jul 6, 2002 at 4:42 AM Post #32 of 52
Quote:

Originally posted by wacomme
I love my serengeti drivers. I've owned two pairs in the last 20 years. I lost the first pair. Not a scratch on either one of them and a great fit. Lightweight too!

Michael

superior lens technology too!

Jul 6, 2002 at 5:08 AM Post #34 of 52
Quote:

Originally posted by Outdoor Man
I have superior lenses.
I'm born with it.

Peter.

Some aren't so lucky!

Jul 6, 2002 at 4:23 PM Post #36 of 52
Never have. I'm just not stylin'. I'm the guy @ Meijer's saying, "Hey honey, how do these look?" as I rotate the $7.00 sunglasses rack and have the tag hanging down to my nostrils as I try to look in the semi-reflective surface they call a mirror.

Jul 6, 2002 at 6:31 PM Post #37 of 52
I've had nothing but Ray Bans for the last 20 years. I think I paid something like $120 for my current pair about 10 years ago.

Jul 7, 2002 at 2:56 AM Post #38 of 52
I got Oakley c wires for $150 2 years ago and i love them. I think the old ones look cooler than the new ones. but its really like buying clothes unless you need them for perscriptions. just like clothes you spend the money for the better look

Jul 7, 2002 at 3:47 AM Post #39 of 52
Quote:

Originally posted by BoardC3
but its really like buying clothes unless you need them for perscriptions. just like clothes you spend the money for the better look

i disagree. while mine are prescription, so i may be biased here, i can't believe the number of people willing to walk around with cheap, optically poor lenses. more often than not they are scratched to buggery, and filthy.

i suppose it depends where you live, but in a climate like australia's, sunglasses are a necessity, not an accessory. buying good ones means better uv protection, more comfort, optically correct lenses, less eyestrain, and fewer headaches brought on by the blazing sun.

it wasn't until i moved to australia that i appreciated just how important sunglasses can be.

Jul 7, 2002 at 3:52 AM Post #40 of 52
thats really true but you dont need to spend $350 on a pair of oakleys im sure you could get a smaller brand that also didnt look as good and get the same features for ALOT less. but there is definitely a difference between the oakleys and NY street "foakleys" but i meant spending $50 to $350 is alot about look

Jul 7, 2002 at 4:20 AM Post #41 of 52
damn! and i thought my $110 Rudy Project Ekynox shades were excessive!

over $300?? rediculous!

BTW, the Rudys are excellent, especially for sports (they have a venting system and sweatproof nose pads). Plus, if i break or scratch the lenses, they'll send me a new pair of lenses for free. Not as cool looking as my pair of Arnette Titans that broke not so long ago, but much much more practical for cycling. Maybe one day i'll get a pair of RP Tayos.

Jul 7, 2002 at 4:26 AM Post #42 of 52
Well, I got my prescription sunglasses in Europe, with the special ultra-thin (I have a somewhat strong prescription *cough*) lenses, and they were Up There.

Jul 7, 2002 at 8:41 PM Post #43 of 52
im glad im not the only person who needs a high perscription...

my lenses would be pretty thick, if not for those special thin lenses. Plus, i wear contacts too, so they arent thick.

Im almost blind without corrective lenses. Regular novel type has to be within 4 inches of my right eye in order for me to read it. Its 3 inches if its my left eye, which is a lot worse.

Anyway, sunglasses
biggrin.gif
. I have non perscription sunglasses that i use with contacts that i got for $20
biggrin.gif
. They work fine, im not afraid to lose them, and i dont care if they break.

dont get me wrong, i wouldnt waste a minute buying Oakley Juliets if i had the cash.
very_evil_smiley.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back