Anyone snowboard?
Oct 17, 2005 at 1:05 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 6

Trance-Fusion

Head-Fier
hey guys and girls, well today was the last day of the ski and snowboard show here in toronto so i decided to put my essay off another day and check it out, i had intentions of buying a K2 Access or a Buton Clash board, but found out it was too expensive for me (409, 450 respectively) i had a budget of 500 ish for bindings+board so i settled for this package i saw, Burton Indie (158) and Burton Freestyle bindings for 399+tax

well, i don't know much about boards (i just started last year) so can anyone tell me if the indie is a good board?

Oct 17, 2005 at 1:33 AM Post #2 of 6
Hmmmmm. Interesting. I'm also in Toronto and being a snowboarder for the last three years, I'm ready to invest in a board. Anyone know what's a good starting board to own for an intermediate boarder?

And by the way, ski hills around the GTA SUCK.

Oct 17, 2005 at 1:51 AM Post #3 of 6
I've been riding for 19 years!!!
eek.gif

I still have my first board, the original Burton Air.
My current board is a Burton Cascade 173... I love big all-mountain boards!
I also have a couple of "vintage" boards... a Sims Terry Kidwell and Burton Craig Kelly Extreme that are fun to pull out every once in a while.
I've also been skiing for 25 years too... And I'm only 29! Where does the time go???
confused.gif

As for your choice, I'm not familiar with it, but good luck with it, have fun and be safe!

Oct 17, 2005 at 1:53 AM Post #4 of 6
what kind riding do you do? freestyle or freeride? I assume you are a freerider. the Indie should be just fine since its an All-Terrain board.

azn: check out ROME boards and Nidecker. I ride a rome anthem with nidecker binders(C900). if I were to buy a new setup this year, I'd probably buy a Nidecker board
cool.gif

Oct 17, 2005 at 2:08 AM Post #5 of 6
mostly freeride, but i wanna get into freestyle this year.. i won't go too hard on it though.

and yeah i ski hills around the GTA do suck, i go to BlueMountain for a couple of days each year and i'm hoping to go to mt tremblant this year aswell. but othertimes i settle for lakeridge
frown.gif

Oct 17, 2005 at 4:19 AM Post #6 of 6
Quote:

Originally Posted by Bleed
what kind riding do you do? freestyle or freeride? I assume you are a freerider. the Indie should be just fine since its an All-Terrain board.

azn: check out ROME boards and Nidecker. I ride a rome anthem with nidecker binders(C900). if I were to buy a new setup this year, I'd probably buy a Nidecker board
cool.gif

I used to live in switzerland and we got pretty good discounts on nidecker. am still riding my 5year old nidecker freeride board. great for some powder riding.
biggrin.gif
not so good if you like freestyle.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back