Anyone own the Beyerdynamic DT440?
Apr 16, 2004 at 7:17 AM Post #16 of 26
Quote:

Originally posted by ReDVsion
You own the DT880? I thought you didn't like them... too "bland" etc.

Well, yes, I do. And, yes, you're right.

Ok, admittedly, that might not sound very consequent, but then again, I have collectitis - and if one owns well over 30 headphones, one just can't really like every single one...
wink.gif
Provides a lot of reference points, though...
biggrin.gif

Grinnings from Hannover!

Manfred / lini

P.S.: Maybe I can get some extra lines for the inventory listings in my profile, someday...
smily_headphones1.gif

Apr 19, 2004 at 7:46 PM Post #17 of 26
Just btw, ears almost fully back to working condition, huhuh - and, hell, this DT440 sounds nice, even straight out of the humble Grundig's headphone out, harhar... Sounds funky to me! I'll call it "The Funkalizer"!
biggrin.gif

Grinning from Hannover!

Manfred / lini

Apr 19, 2004 at 8:06 PM Post #19 of 26
So... like... when can we expect those impressions of the DT440 vs. 531 vs. K240S? Not to be impatient or anything...
biggrin.gif

Apr 19, 2004 at 8:31 PM Post #21 of 26
Manfred (to lini): Now, do you really exspect people do understand "The Funkalizer"?

lini (to Manfred): Yeah, man - at least I'd hope so - it would save me a lot of descriptive lingo, you know!?!

Manfred: Oh, come on...

Lini: Ok, man, if I really have too... Well, you know, the DT440 compared to both the K240S and the DT531, seems to have better efficiency - so it tends to sound more balanced, less flabby and faster than the Groovalizers, when used with not so great amplification - you'll notice equally deep, but more evenly distributed bass, less bass into midrange smear, more pronounced upper highs and lower treble; good, but not sibilant sparkle is there, as well - the finest upper highs, which give the K240S its nice golden shimmer, btw, are less present on the DT440; it sounds more silverish, I'd say... In that respect, it's seems more similar to the DT531. So, excuse me, I'm off to listen to some Moloko... *grabs "Statues" and vanishes*

Manfred: I'll leave, too, folks - bye for now!

Grinnings from Hannover!

Manfred / lini

P.S.: Thanks, Paul! See you on the meet? And have you ever heard of "cobra pollen", btw?
biggrin.gif

P.P.S.: Got another one for you, Paul: Now, imagine ye olde Lini, inspired by Chemical Brothers' "Dig your own hole" (title on cd with same name!), walking like a manic Egyptian who impersonates Bill Cosby dancing - thus, I just have to call that thing "The Funkalizer", you see?!?
wink.gif

P.P.P.S.: More amped impressions to follow, when 9 V blocks filled up...

Apr 19, 2004 at 8:44 PM Post #22 of 26
Haha, nice one mate. The DT440's actually sound quite nice, albeit probably a little bit too similar to the CD3000 that I already to consider them for second cans. Anyway, I've decided for now at least, I dont need any more cans, but never say never.

Meet? Is this the one in Germany? I'd love to come, but alas, I dont think I'll be able to make it as money is unfortunately very tight for me at the moment
frown.gif
I would like to have come too
frown.gif

Apr 20, 2004 at 7:04 PM Post #25 of 26
plainsong: Well, if you have real portability (= no chance to trip over the cable) in mind, the DT440 is not the best solution around (unless multi-loop cable necklaces become en vogue, that is...
wink.gif
)- or in other words, my manicwalkingegyptiandancelikebillcosby action radius was indeed limited by the cable length of the Funkalizer.

Greetings from Hannover!

Manfred / lini

Users who are viewing this thread

Back