Anyone own or tried the Zagg Smartbuds?
Nov 17, 2010 at 11:55 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 5

red71rum

100+ Head-Fier
I have lurked on this site for some time and finally decided to post to ask you guys if you had tried the Zagg Smartbuds.  Before these I was using Shure E2 and E2C iems.  I got them for $34 after a promo code from Zagg.  I was looking to use these in the gym to block out the noise and was used to the Shure's sound isolation and am dissapointed.  They seem to be well made and I like the invisishield coated wires.  I have tried all of the tips provided and am not getting much sound isolation compared to the Shures and their ability to twist them into your ear.  Has anyone else had a similar experience? What would you guys suggest for the same price range?  I want to mention that I don't use these for an iphone, and I don't care about the ability to change tracks or mic.  I would be using the iems with my first gen nano and 64 gig ipod 3g.

Nov 18, 2010 at 4:14 PM Post #3 of 5
I had them, they are decent but better can be had for far less. Don't even try to use the crappy stock tips, their foam tips are hard as bricks and are not true "foam" tips.

You can buy aftermarket tips which would make these sound better, preferably triple-flanges.

Sorry, but I don't think many of these guys here would buy the Zaggs, there are better
earphones to be had for less.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back