Anyone notice we passed 15,000 members?
Aug 19, 2004 at 4:57 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 20

vrao81

500+ Head-Fier
We surpassed 15,000 members...we are growing quite large! Here's to another 15000
biggrin.gif

Aug 19, 2004 at 5:31 AM Post #5 of 20
15000 members . . . and probably less than 1/10 actually post.
biggrin.gif

Aug 19, 2004 at 5:37 AM Post #6 of 20
Quote:

Originally Posted by Kirosia
15000 members . . . and probably less than 1/10 actually post.
biggrin.gif

Absolutely - I think only 1000 - 2000 actively post.

Total number of headphoneus supremus = 300 approximately.

I have a feeling of knowing everyone on the forums...which is a good thing. Therefore I wouldnt be too worried about the remaining 13000 peeps who just pop in for a quick read or a quick question.

Cheers!
eggosmile.gif

Aug 19, 2004 at 6:07 AM Post #7 of 20
This place sure is growing fast. We're less than 100,000 posts away from 1 million posts, too. Pretty soon we'll be as big as this place
eek.gif

Aug 19, 2004 at 6:09 AM Post #8 of 20
I wonder what the total number of discrete users is, who pop in and lurk on occasion. I visited and researched purchases for over a year before actually registering.

Aug 19, 2004 at 7:13 AM Post #10 of 20
Quote:

Originally Posted by Welly Wu
My father visits that HowardForums all the time. It's his version of Head-Fi!
eek.gif
tongue.gif

Check out the post count for this guy: http://www.howardforums.com/member.p...fo&userid=1823. Not a single Head-Fi'er is even close
eek.gif
A little over a year ago he was "only" at around 20,000 posts. That place is dangerous due to the fact that it has wireless web access. I find myself browsing there pretty often since it is the largest forum on the 'net with a mobile version. Maybe we oughta see if Jude would consider installing the software for making Head-Fi accessible by mobile phone. Or then again, maybe not
tongue.gif

Aug 19, 2004 at 7:16 AM Post #11 of 20
Quote:

Originally Posted by donovansmith
Check out the post count for this guy: http://www.howardforums.com/member.p...fo&userid=1823. Not a single Head-Fi'er is even close
eek.gif
A little over a year ago he was "only" at around 20,000 posts. That place is dangerous due to the fact that it has wireless web access. I find myself browsing there pretty often since it is the largest forum on the 'net with a mobile version. Maybe we oughta see if Jude would consider installing the software for making Head-Fi accessible by mobile phone. Or then again, maybe not
tongue.gif

I can not access that link you provided because I am not a registered member. Out of curiosity, please let us all know what his current post count number is.

I never even thought about a wireless Head-Fi. I thought that acquiring the 802.11a/b/g wireless VPN router would allow for just that same result. Are you talking about some sort of a Wi-Fi version of Head-Fi for those handheld computers? Has it something to do with RSS feeds? What is all of this?
confused.gif

Aug 19, 2004 at 7:49 AM Post #12 of 20
Quote:

Originally Posted by Welly Wu
I can not access that link you provided because I am not a registered member. Out of curiosity, please let us all know what his current post count number is.

I never even thought about a wireless Head-Fi. I thought that acquiring the 802.11a/b/g wireless VPN router would allow for just that same result. Are you talking about some sort of a Wi-Fi version of Head-Fi for those handheld computers? Has it something to do with RSS feeds? What is all of this?
confused.gif

Sorry, didn't know it was a registered member only link. That guy's post count is currently 64341. And no, that wasn't a mis-type
wink.gif

I was talking about wireless phone accessible sites, as in WAP. Howard Forums and others use software called WiForums to provide a mobile phone accessible version for forums. If your mobile phone has a web browser in it you just point it to the URL where that software was setup and you can access that forum from your phone. So for Head-Fi it might be setup to be accessible from wap.head-fi.org.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back