Anyone "not" impressed with SLEEK SA6?
Jul 26, 2008 at 3:26 AM Post #32 of 49
Doesn't have to be single driver... I'm just lookin at everything at this point.

Jul 26, 2008 at 8:57 PM Post #34 of 49
Quote:

Originally Posted by lexnasa /img/forum/go_quote.gif
What I'm saying is that you can't get that kind of bass with a single driver, so you should probably exclude IEMs with a single driver from your search.

Then again, the single-driver Future Sonics Atrio has pretty much the best sub-bass of any IEM out there (you didn't specify dynamic vs. armature
tongue.gif
-- and if you meant to, there's the Image X10 to contend with). In short, I disagree.

What particular IEMs are you referencing/experienced with, lexnasa?

Jul 26, 2008 at 9:15 PM Post #35 of 49
Quote:

Originally Posted by soozieq /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I did like the Sleeks, a lot, but I wasn't impressed with the bass output. Although I could eq the bass on the Sony, I couldn't eq on the Zune, and I found the bass much too weak on it. I wanted something that would work equally well with both my players, and the TF10 does the job perfectly.

But I'd still love to try the SA6 with the extra bass port once it's in circulation.

You probably are hearing the source not the heapdhones, a bright source with a bassy headphone is the way to go...

Quote:

Originally Posted by lexnasa /img/forum/go_quote.gif
What I'm saying is that you can't get that kind of bass with a single driver, so you should probably exclude IEMs with a single driver from your search.

BTW the Images from Klipsch are single driver, and they offer all the bass I need in an IEM, the rest will sound artificial and overpowered, if you ask me.

Jul 27, 2008 at 12:00 AM Post #37 of 49
Quote:

Originally Posted by younglee200 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
http://www.soundearphones.com/product.php?id=317

250 bucks? The SA6 cost 200 dollars don't they?

The Sleeks are originally $250.00 retail, you can get them for less if you look around, but that does not mean that 200 is their standard price....
Also consider that the Images are $350.00, you are getting $100.00 off from that add , as the Images X10 are 350 retail....

Are you asking if thye are worth that price, well that depends on what you are looking for, if size and bass is your thing, get the X10 can not be beat, if not get the Sleeks...

Jul 27, 2008 at 1:48 AM Post #38 of 49
Quote:

Originally Posted by Sovkiller /img/forum/go_quote.gif
The Sleeks are originally $250.00 retail, you can get them for less if you look around, but that does not mean that 200 is their standard price....
Also consider that the Images are $350.00, you are getting $100.00 off from that add , as the Images X10 are 350 retail....

Are you asking if thye are worth that price, well that depends on what you are looking for, if size and bass is your thing, get the X10 can not be beat, if not get the Sleeks...

What are your thoughts of the Sleek SA6 compared the Westone UM2

Jul 27, 2008 at 1:49 AM Post #39 of 49
Quote:

Originally Posted by Sovkiller /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Don't forget that X10 and SA6 are both on sale at SoundEarphones.com now. AFAIK, EarphoneSolutions.com has been selling SA6 for $200 for a while, which I think is a excellent price for an IEM of its class.

Jul 27, 2008 at 1:59 AM Post #40 of 49
Quote:

Originally Posted by oak3x /img/forum/go_quote.gif
What are your thoughts of the Sleek SA6 compared the Westone UM2

I do not recall to have heard the westones, but if I ever did, was not impressed by them at all, as I do not even remember them....
wink.gif

Jul 27, 2008 at 6:23 AM Post #42 of 49
Quote:

Originally Posted by younglee200 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Has anyone done a comparison between the SA6 and the X5? I'm really curious on this one. they are both single-drivers right?

SovKiller is the only head-fier I know of who has both (and yes, they're both single-driver IEMs). Sov?

Jul 27, 2008 at 6:28 AM Post #43 of 49
Both are pretty similar in performance and sound signature, I like the X5 bass better, and the Sleek versatility, also I use the Sleeks with the Image tips for better comfort...
wink.gif

Jul 27, 2008 at 6:31 AM Post #44 of 49
I will be buying some SA6's here shortly and I am sure I will be overly impressed by them since the highest end phones I have ever bought before are the Sennheiser CX300's. This thread helped a lot in my decision to buy them.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back