anyone looking for a record holder?
Apr 6, 2010 at 7:05 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 14

Kenny6007

100+ Head-Fier
from my other thread most of you know i currently have my records in a temporary box, i have one actual record holder and the others are in cardboard boxes. the cardboard boxes aren't the most secure but i have an odyssey record holder that i purchased from amazon awhile ago and have been looking for another at a great price but have never been able to find it at the price at which i bought it at and has always been out of stock at this price.

today i was randomly searching amazon as i haven't in the last couple months since i stopped looking but today look what i found .... i found the record case i was using and at my expected price point.

this case is claimed to hold 260LPs currently i have about 240covers, not including some 2LP gatefolds, and i left a little room to spare in my case so they're not smashed in so i don't doubt it can hold 260 if i wanted to ... it DOES NOT hold boxsets as they're slightly wider. when i had boxsets in there i had to put them perpendicular to the regular way and just put regular LPs to fill in the gaps so it won't slide around ... it also has a nice little side slot that can hold some stuff

at the price of $90 + $13 shipping you can't really lose, it comes out to be cheaper than the 200LP case before shipping and you can actually move the 260 by yourself because it has the wheels and don't forget the extra storage compartment on the side. the cheapest i've seen the 260 go for is $160 before shipping and that's pretty much the price everywhere i've looked, infact, the same company has this item posted on its web store front for $160 and at $90, maybe a mistake on their part but the $90 one has always been sold out or out of stock.

*DISCLAIMER - i am in no way shape or form a part of the company selling or producing this product i am just a very satisfied customer and would like to pass it on to other headfi'ers that have a fairly large vinyl collection with no where to store it.

it is also VERY heavy when full !!

Amazon.com: Odyssey CLP260PW Carpeted Pro Lp Case With Wheels And Recessed Hardware For 260 Vinyl Lp's: Musical Instruments

Apr 6, 2010 at 10:13 PM Post #5 of 14
Quote:

Originally Posted by Graphicism /img/forum/go_quote.gif
...Whats a record?

vinyl record?

Apr 6, 2010 at 10:42 PM Post #6 of 14
Quote:

Originally Posted by Kenny6007 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
vinyl record?

It was the obligatory joke, sorry.
redface.gif

Apr 7, 2010 at 3:39 AM Post #7 of 14
Haha, from the title I thought this was a thread about people who have set records in sporting events, eating contests, etc.

Apr 7, 2010 at 4:59 PM Post #11 of 14
Quote:

Originally Posted by CrazyRay /img/forum/go_quote.gif
This is what I use.
Holds 60 records.
Sefour VC030 60 LP Record Box — $37.88

Buy Sefour VC030 60 LP Record Box | DJ Accessories | Musician's Friend

dscn2238800x600.jpg

this is what i may end up doing down the line, perhaps not from this exact company but something fairly modular so i can add as the collection expands. i really love that kind of setup though ..... looks so clean and organized
smily_headphones1.gif

Apr 7, 2010 at 5:04 PM Post #12 of 14
Quote:

Originally Posted by Doorbell /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I use milk crates for my records. I plan to switch to these boxes next month

CD storage, record bags, and polyethylene bags for all types of audio storage and shipping needs.

Crates are cool but I'd feel a lot safer around my record collection if there was a top on the crates.

like how you're thinking i wanted something that was fully enclosed so there wouldn't be much dust as i know they're going to be in storage for awhile. i was looking for many different solutions and came across the one you linked but with over 1000 records the problem is that i would have 20+ of those boxes laying around and transporting them down here wouldn't have been easy. i ended up getting some 14x14x14" boxes and filling in the voided space that the records didn't use so the box would maintain the shape but over time and moving them around they're slowly falling apart.

Apr 8, 2010 at 10:19 PM Post #13 of 14
That looks like a really good way to store records, especially if you end up moving them around alot. Bit outta my price range for a record holder, though. I like milkcrates, cheap and have that retro "I'm a DJ from the 80's" kinda look. But if I had alot invested in my record collection, I think I would take better care of them and buy something like that.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back