Anyone knows if this 3.5mm plug is for sale?
Mar 19, 2010 at 12:19 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 15

weibby

Member of the Trade: The Audio Hub
hpc-3.5.jpg

The shiny right angle metal one..

Mar 26, 2010 at 2:46 AM Post #6 of 15
Quote:

Holy fzuck! $27 for a single mini connector? I mean they are freaking beautiful, but hopefully Lee comes in at a much more reasonable price when shipping is considered.

Lee, any chance of getting the straight plugs or 1/4"? Oyaide makes some of the prettiest connectors, but no one sells them in the US that I can find.

Very excited that at least the right angles are coming. Thanks, Lee!

Mar 26, 2010 at 4:31 PM Post #8 of 15
If I can work out the finances, I might be headed to Japan this summer. Maybe it will be possible to find a source of Oyaide for slightly cheaper than the import prices. Who knows though, last time I was there some of the electronics prices were higher than the US prices (camcorders and laptops).

Mar 27, 2010 at 2:24 AM Post #9 of 15
Quote:

Originally Posted by FraGGleR /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Holy fzuck! $27 for a single mini connector? I mean they are freaking beautiful, but hopefully Lee comes in at a much more reasonable price when shipping is considered.

Lee, any chance of getting the straight plugs or 1/4"? Oyaide makes some of the prettiest connectors, but no one sells them in the US that I can find.

Very excited that at least the right angles are coming. Thanks, Lee!

I only ordered the 3.5mm right angle in (as I had no decent ones to sell), but if there is enough demand, I'll order the others in, sure.

I am awaiting my final cost after duties and shipping, so I am not sure of the final retail price yet (which will be based on the foregoing), as soon as I am, I will post it on my site. I'll keep the price as fair as I can.

Peace,

Lee

Edit--Will be less than $27/each for sure.

Mar 27, 2010 at 3:42 PM Post #14 of 15
Quote:

Originally Posted by momomo6789 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
damn now i will have to make all my personal cables with these
frown.gif

You know you are excited
smily_headphones1.gif

Mar 27, 2010 at 3:50 PM Post #15 of 15
Quote:

Originally Posted by SoupRKnowva /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Do you guys think this would be a better connector than the viablu mini plug?

Better how? I think they are better looking. I don't know what strain relief system they have so I can't comment on that. They are still made of brass, as are all mini plugs. The silver plating is definitely pretty but is unlikely to impact the sound quality. Viablue's aren't any better from an audio standpoint than $1 Neutriks. Not sure they are better from a construction standpoint either. They have an interesting strain relief system and certainly look cool, but for mini plugs, as long as they are made well, the choices really are just economics and aesthetics (and some ergonomics depending on how small a profile you want).

That said, I pay for pretty so these are on my to buy list.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back