Anyone know what spider this is?
Oct 12, 2009 at 8:08 AM Post #78 of 89
I've seen ones like that in my basement before. I also see a lot of those plain white/transparent ones.

65253.jpg

Oct 12, 2009 at 8:13 AM Post #79 of 89
283348264_0f67a7e003.jpg

philippines2006.1149002700.img_1503.jpg

we have a lot of these roaming around. They sometimes are about 6 inches in diameter from leg to leg. They jump at you too. scary buggers

These spiders here are cool though... We used to have lots of spider fights when we were kids. Our teachers in Elementary school would kill them though if they found our spider cases( usually match boxes).

http://en.wikipilipinas.org/index.ph...pider_fighting

Oct 13, 2009 at 3:14 AM Post #80 of 89
Quote:

Originally Posted by komi /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Loks to me like Black Widow:

dangerous_black_widow.jpg

I hope i am wrong, but - that think is BAD, you dont want that in your house, i see them on Florida ...

Black widow no doubt.You wanna stay as far away from those as possible, extremely venomous.I'm from South Africa and have seen one or two, but i didnt know they were found in U.S to.

Oct 13, 2009 at 3:31 AM Post #81 of 89
Quote:

Originally Posted by Samgotit /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Nope, it's a ridiculously venomous Male Black Widow but harmless to humans, just like Pholcus phalangioides or Daddy Long Legs; neither can get their little teethies through our skin. Even in some bizarre case, where you cut a hole in your arm and stuffed one in there, there still wouldn't be enough venom from a little male to kill (most likely). I'm not trying it, though, just like I'm not going to try and hug a mommy badger.

Now that's funny.

I'm not sure i agree with that.My understanding is that they can be fatal to humans, only difference is males very rarely bite.I'ts the ladies you gotta be very careful of.

Oct 13, 2009 at 4:34 AM Post #83 of 89
Quote:

Originally Posted by rhythmdevils /img/forum/go_quote.gif
anyone know what this is? Probably just a common house spider, but it looks a little mean, and I found it running along the floor next to my bed.

Looks like some kind of Wolf spider to me.
Wolf spider - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Oct 13, 2009 at 6:10 AM Post #84 of 89
Quote:

Originally Posted by Solid Snake /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Yay, im going to feel so cozy in bed tonight.

Lol, I found this thread right before i was about to go to bed =p I know how you feel xD

Apr 10, 2012 at 11:28 PM Post #86 of 89
I don't have a clue what kind of spider that is.  What I do know is that I have a lot of them in my house; would love to know what they are.  Anyone have a clue???
Thanks
A

You just bumped a 3 year old thread. Nicely done.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back