Anyone know/have this soldering station?
Aug 25, 2009 at 9:59 PM Post #16 of 25
I just remember someone who did a multi-review stating that the FP-102 (FP-101 with the capability of some different iron as well) was significantly better than the 936.
From the looks of it I'll just go for the 936 from Parts Connexion, with some Cardas solder as well.

Aug 25, 2009 at 10:50 PM Post #17 of 25
Quote:

Originally Posted by ethan961 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I just remember someone who did a multi-review stating that the FP-102 (FP-101 with the capability of some different iron as well) was significantly better than the 936.
From the looks of it I'll just go for the 936 from Parts Connexion, with some Cardas solder as well.

Just a bit heads up, it comes with a Chinese Angled Tri-Prong plug, not that it makes any difference, as it has a sticker on it stating 120V 60hz, still awesome. Why Parts Connexion does that? I don't know.

Aug 25, 2009 at 10:53 PM Post #18 of 25
The 102 uses more expensive tips with a built-in ceramic heater. They start at about $15, and you can get real fancy ones for a lot more money. The station isn't adjustable, and has no calibration dial--at least nothing on the outside. Mine's a few years old is off by 30 degrees. It's a great iron if you get it under $100, and if you get one that works. I love those machined tips, and it has plenty of heat--70W. See my sig for more.

Aug 26, 2009 at 2:35 AM Post #20 of 25
Quote:

Originally Posted by amc /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Challenge to other head-fi'ers - How much is the Hakko 936 at your favorite electronics tool shop?

139 CAD regularly at Active Electronics on sale right now for 109 CAD...

I think it was either US $85 or $89 at Fry's in Sacramento last month. That seems to be a steady price. Or else they haven't sold it yet... I think I paid about $95 for mine from ahhh, some electronics retailer, maybe HK electronics?

Aug 26, 2009 at 2:38 AM Post #22 of 25
Aug 26, 2009 at 10:41 AM Post #24 of 25
Quote:

Originally Posted by crapback /img/forum/go_quote.gif
This is good for giggle. Amazon.com: NEW ESD Safe Soldering Station Iron 60W + 10 TIPS: Home Improvement

Lol, for the price of a genuine Hakko too.

I went ahead and ordered the 936 from Parts Connexion, as they had a good price, no duties to pay, and many shipping options. I chose Canada Post Expedited Parcel as it is guarenteed to arrive in 7 business days max and should only cost $10.
Thanks for all the help guys.
Ethan

Aug 27, 2009 at 4:46 AM Post #25 of 25
Quote:

Originally Posted by ethan961 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Lol, for the price of a genuine Hakko too.

I went ahead and ordered the 936 from Parts Connexion, as they had a good price, no duties to pay, and many shipping options. I chose Canada Post Expedited Parcel as it is guarenteed to arrive in 7 business days max and should only cost $10.
Thanks for all the help guys.
Ethan

It is a great unit. Excellent bang for the buck in my opinion.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back