Anyone interested in a Chicago (mini-)meet?
Feb 9, 2007 at 12:47 AM Post #16 of 74
April 6th or 7th works for me as well.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Persiflage /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Depending on the date, I might be able to make it. I've got exams and a trip out of the country coming up, but excepting those two, I'd definitely be up for a Head-fi meet up on a weekend.

I'm at the UofC as well, but no car. I'd happily pay for gas for a ride, if we both end up going, Silentpug.

Yeah a ride is absolutely no problem at all.

Feb 9, 2007 at 5:52 AM Post #17 of 74
It looks like I'll also be able to do April 6th or 7th. Probably able to do the 14th as well, but I think the 13th is out.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Silentpug387 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Yeah a ride is absolutely no problem at all.

Awesome. I'm definitely looking forward to this meetup.

Feb 10, 2007 at 9:06 PM Post #19 of 74
Just checking in to show some interest. I could probably do either April 6th, 7th, 13th, or 14th, depending on work and childcare schedule. Like anything else, getting the free time usually depends on advance notice. I will be checking this thread for updates.

Feb 14, 2007 at 4:52 AM Post #20 of 74
No action on this thread in a few days. It looks like sejarzo and silentpug are the only folks offering to host so far. Once one of you guys commits, we can pick a date. I know it's easy for me to say, but how 'bout it sejarzo and silentpug?

P.S. I am from the NW 'burbs (N of Elgin) and will be willing to give ride(s). PM me after we pick a date.

Feb 14, 2007 at 8:01 PM Post #22 of 74
We can have have it at my place April 6th or 7th. Like I said before my place is probably only really comfortable for 8-10 people and their gear. But, I think it could work for 12-15 if need be. I live in Hyde Park which is about 15 minutes south of downtown Chicago.

Feb 15, 2007 at 12:24 AM Post #23 of 74
If it's the 6th or 7th in Hyde Park I'm in. Silentpug - PM me or post to confirm your hosting.

Feb 15, 2007 at 5:05 AM Post #24 of 74
Potential hosts and people with lots of gear should post some dates. Everyone else will conform to them.

Feb 17, 2007 at 3:14 AM Post #25 of 74
Sorry to have dropped out on this thread, but I had to confirm a whole slate of family events that now are changing, and I ended up with work schedule changes. And I soon realized that I forgot an important thing.......our new dog doesn't bark much when the family is here, but a house full of "strangers" would change that.....hardly conducive to the listening experience. Again, my apologies......

Steve

Feb 17, 2007 at 7:59 PM Post #26 of 74
I would only be able to make it if its Saturday during the day, but I'm interested. I'd also need a ride, unless its close to the El
tongue.gif

Feb 22, 2007 at 1:40 AM Post #27 of 74
If the date works for me I will bring a big pile of portable amps
icon10.gif

Feb 25, 2007 at 11:42 PM Post #28 of 74
Since no one else has volunteered, it sounds like the mini-meet will be April 7th at my place. So, April 7th in Hyde Park. Could people post to say if they can come so we can get a guest list and maybe gear list started.

Feb 28, 2007 at 3:45 AM Post #30 of 74
I'll be there - it'll be in walking distance!

I don't have much gear - an old META42, Aria, Senn 580, Etymotic 4S.

This assumes that I don't succumb and end up buying an Audio Technica headphone when I go to Japan in a couple of weeks... I've been reading a lot about the AD2000 cans recently....

Users who are viewing this thread

Back