Anyone (inter)changed their 50mm audio-technica drivers? Tell us about it!
Aug 28, 2007 at 12:44 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 3

m00hk00h

100+ Head-Fier
Hey everyone,

I wonder how many of you did what I did. I know that there are some guys out there who changed the W100 drivers of their W100s for L3000 ones because I got my W100 driver from someone who did that...But are there any others out there? The search didn't help me much.

If so, please let us know what you did to your audio-technicas and why you did it.

In my case I bought a W1000 a long time ago...and I found it to be very unpleasing sounding. IMHO even the worst headphone for the mass of you money one has to spend for it. But at the same time I found it to be the most beatiful headphone I ever owned and so I wasn't able to let it go. And then there was the moment when someone offered his W100 drivers here on head-fi. I didn't hesitate too long as from my point of view the sound could only improve. Couln't get any worse then the original. Said - done.
And from the present perspective I have to say: What a wise decision! I implanted the drivers into the W1000 hounsings without any further modificatins and... wow.
These are now my second faorite phones after my beloved "pre 05" DT880s.
Unfortunately of the drivers broke down after a while, wasn't able to figure out why but instead of selling the W1000 I once again started to look for another pair of W100 drivers...and found them. I finally bought the spare drivers from the same guy I bought the first pair from.
And nothing happened happened to the phone till today with exception of the wear they got from beein worn so often.
wink.gif

Let us know your story, please!

m00h

Aug 28, 2007 at 12:47 PM Post #2 of 3
is there a reliable place to get these drivers? I was thinking of doing the same thing with my AD2000 chassis

Users who are viewing this thread

Back