Anyone here rasterbate???
Mar 8, 2009 at 3:15 AM Post #77 of 91
300mb pdf ? unless you print with 1mm dots in color, the size is usally under 50mb (i print with 3mm dots bw and color). My university's color copier handles it perfectly.
If the file is really too big, open it and print only a few sheets using pdf creator or something similar. Repeat the process until you got the whole file divided in several pdf files
wink.gif

Mar 8, 2009 at 8:15 AM Post #78 of 91
Quote:

Originally Posted by festivus528 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Serious question: what is the best way to print this? I don't have a color printer and I'm looking for the cheapest and best way to put some album art on my walls. Can kinko's handle a 300mb .pdf?

there is no need to have an image you are printing that big and designed to be viewed from a distance anywhere near a resolution fine enough to result in a file that big. a 300mb PDF which uses jpeg usually for the image compression, is gonna be huge!!!. for a print such as this the absolute highest you would use would be 30lpi-40lpi shouldnt be any more than 50mb even that would be overkill

Mar 9, 2009 at 6:27 PM Post #80 of 91
I rasterbated for the first time today! also got a large poster frame, I'll post the results later tonight if it turns out ok.
wink.gif

Mar 9, 2009 at 7:02 PM Post #81 of 91
veteran rasterbator here, i nearly went blind, trying to squint at the blobs on my wall

but of all the images i have run through the rasterbater, i liked the oversized version i had of bob dylans freewheelin album cover in black and white mounted on cork boards each separated by an inch gap, very artsy but so cliche and so done now.

seems every man and his dog is a rasterbator.

me, i have moved onto something similar with images which get posted online rather than on the wall, bit easier overall.

some good images in this thread!
smile_phones.gif

Mar 10, 2009 at 1:05 AM Post #82 of 91
Here's my first, I think it turned out ok, 7mm dots.. smaller dots would have probably shown more detail? I would have made it a lot larger too but I wanted to put it in a frame and this 27" x 40" is the biggest I could find for cheap without buying multiples.

raster009ptsmall.jpg

sorry for the glare at the bottom.
frown.gif

Mar 10, 2009 at 7:01 PM Post #83 of 91
I tried making something, but I couldn't get my pages printed out properly. (just tried one first of course) I am getting small white lines on the sides of the paper. Is that a setting I'm missing or is it because of the printer? Some help would be appreciated.

Mar 10, 2009 at 7:21 PM Post #84 of 91
Quote:

Originally Posted by EnOYiN /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I tried making something, but I couldn't get my pages printed out properly. (just tried one first of course) I am getting small white lines on the sides of the paper. Is that a setting I'm missing or is it because of the printer? Some help would be appreciated.

You mean like a blank white boarder? Most printers can't print edge to edge so you can either leave the white boarders on or trim them off.

Mar 10, 2009 at 7:29 PM Post #86 of 91
Quote:

Originally Posted by Zodduska /img/forum/go_quote.gif
You mean like a blank white boarder? Most printers can't print edge to edge so you can either leave the white boarders on or trim them off.

Yeah, just asked some friends of mine and they said the same thing. Only really good (professional) printers can do that apparently. Oh, well. I guess I'm going to trim the edges off then. Doesn't look too bad on the rasterbations I've seen so far.

Thanks for answering my question.

Mar 10, 2009 at 7:35 PM Post #87 of 91
Quote:

Originally Posted by mrdeadfolx /img/forum/go_quote.gif
No, but I sure masturbate a lot. Does that count for anything?

KIDDING
biggrin.gif

EDIT: Ok, well maybe not kidding in the literal context, but kidding in the context of the thread
wink.gif

woh! i see what you did there, very nice, i didnt see it till now.

Mar 17, 2009 at 6:55 PM Post #88 of 91
Quote:

Yeah, just asked some friends of mine and they said the same thing. Only really good (professional) printers can do that apparently. Oh, well. I guess I'm going to trim the edges off then. Doesn't look too bad on the rasterbations I've seen so far.

My work is getting a new Xerox color printer this week. Don't know which one, but it's probably a DocuColor 7000AP or better. I might have to take it for a rasterbation test drive...
wink.gif
atsmile.gif

Mar 17, 2009 at 8:31 PM Post #89 of 91
Quote:

Nah, lots of photographic printers can do edge to edge and don't cost much. Something like my Canon iP4500 or new iP4600 is perfect for the job is not an expensive printer.

Canon Technology

Digital Photography Centre - Canon Canada Inc.

Aug 26, 2011 at 2:48 AM Post #90 of 91

Quote:
I've been experimenting with Rasterbator for a few weeks, and I came up with this :

Strangely, all the guys love my door
tongue.gif

I'm really satisfied with the boondock saints one.

I know this program) Old good stuff. Too old I think and there are many programs, which produces posters with better quality now. For example, I use this poster creator and I find it more powerful, than Rasterbator.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back