Anyone here rasterbate???
Apr 14, 2008 at 3:43 AM Post #46 of 91
I had a great full-wall raster, I never took a picture of it though.

Anyway, this is the coolest one I've seen..some kids took picture of them in their dorm and put it on their door making it look like they're home, you'll see:
dankraster.jpg

Apr 14, 2008 at 4:28 AM Post #47 of 91
i just tried to do this image on my printer at home....the pdf doc said 30 pages...theres no way it was 30 pages...i didnt count all of the sheets that came out...but it had to of been more than 30 and i just cancelled the print job cuz it was still going. what do i need to do to make it work?

Jimi-Hendrix.jpg

Apr 14, 2008 at 4:37 AM Post #48 of 91
Quote:

Originally Posted by ZepFloyd /img/forum/go_quote.gif
i just tried to do this image on my printer at home....the pdf doc said 30 pages...theres no way it was 30 pages...i didnt count all of the sheets that came out...but it had to of been more than 30 and i just cancelled the print job cuz it was still going. what do i need to do to make it work?

If you stack 30 sheets together, its actually quite thick (as in, thicker than you think)

Mine was 25 pages, and I was surprised it took much "paper" shooting.

Apr 14, 2008 at 4:55 AM Post #49 of 91
Quote:

Originally Posted by TSi /img/forum/go_quote.gif
If you stack 30 sheets together, its actually quite thick (as in, thicker than you think)

Mine was 25 pages, and I was surprised it took much "paper" shooting.

were you just using standard printer paper? or something else? i might try it again...but gonna need to buy a couple ink cartridges lol...man is it brutal on ink

Apr 14, 2008 at 5:21 AM Post #50 of 91
Quote:

Originally Posted by Zuerst /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Got the image from another forum... (see below)

I framed them in cheap picture frames from walmart... ~$1.50 each

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v1...st/NYwaste.jpg

yeah I love it... too bad I don't get too much chance to take it out to trails...

original resolution is like 1500x1351 pixels... i rasterbated at 1mm

I just rasterbated at 1mm, printed the pics with my printer, cut out the white spaces, frame them in cheap picture frames, and mount them to the wall.

how long did it take to print at 1mm...and how much ink did you end up using? did you basically wear a cartridge all the way out?

Apr 14, 2008 at 7:33 AM Post #51 of 91
Quote:

how long did it take to print at 1mm...and how much ink did you end up using? did you basically wear a cartridge all the way out?

I'm not sure how long it took to print all 20 pages of them. I printed the pictures out as I was cutting and putting them in frames. I'd say the whole process of printing, cutting, framing, mounting, and adjusting took around 4~5 hours total.

As for the ink... I don't think it even used half of the cartridge... maybe not even a quarter. I printed on regular paper on regular print quality. I got a Canon MX700 for printer.

Apr 14, 2008 at 8:05 AM Post #52 of 91
Quote:

were you just using standard printer paper? or something else? i might try it again...but gonna need to buy a couple ink cartridges lol...man is it brutal on ink

yeah, i was using standard printer 96white paper and was using laser printer. prints pretty damn fast.

Apr 14, 2008 at 10:00 PM Post #55 of 91
Wait, i think some people are missing the point of rasterizing. It's not to buy the bests photo printer and 30lb glossy paper to make it as close to a poster as possible. The point is to have the max dot size so that when up close, all you see are dots, but then step back and whoa!

Apr 15, 2008 at 12:14 AM Post #56 of 91
Quote:

Originally Posted by Bigguy /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Do you have any more info on the Walmart picture frames? The cheapest ones on their website are $8.

They look like this...

cheapframe.jpg

EDIT: and you probably need to go into an actual walmart store to find them

EDIT2: also, there are like 2 different batches... if you look at the back, one version will have the instruction paper folded while the other will have the paper unfolded. Generally the folded ones have a tighter cut/fit while the unfolded version have a slightly bigger cut. Difference is really tiny, but if you're picky about aligning them correctly, the folded frame might be slightly smaller than the unfolded frames.

Quote:

Originally Posted by KUNFUCHOPSTICKS /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Wait, i think some people are missing the point of rasterizing. It's not to buy the bests photo printer and 30lb glossy paper to make it as close to a poster as possible. The point is to have the max dot size so that when up close, all you see are dots, but then step back and whoa!

I think the main point is doing it whichever way so the people who created the rasterbation are happy with the end product.
smily_headphones1.gif

Apr 15, 2008 at 12:39 AM Post #57 of 91
Quote:

Originally Posted by malldian /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Anyone have a link to the blown away guy image?

http://metropolitician.blogs.com/scr...maninchair.jpg

Biggest I could find. Might want to put it through photoshop first though.

Going to check kinkos and staples out tomorrow and see about pricing.

Apr 15, 2008 at 2:14 AM Post #59 of 91
Quote:

Originally Posted by breakfastchef /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Be forewarned that many print/copy shops follow strict copyright policies and may not print out an image that you do not own.

Thats why when you rasterbate it to a size of 25-30 pages, they cant tell =D

Apr 15, 2008 at 2:43 AM Post #60 of 91
Quote:

Originally Posted by TSi /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Thats why when you rasterbate it to a size of 25-30 pages, they cant tell =D

biggrin.gif
And have different stores do different pages, or go in the store at different stores and have them only do a few pages at a time.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back