Anyone here rasterbate???
Apr 15, 2008 at 2:44 AM Post #61 of 91
Quote:

Originally Posted by meat01 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
biggrin.gif
And have different stores do different pages, or go in the store at different stores and have them only do a few pages at a time.

The thing im actually wondering is... whether their computer or printing machine can handle opening a 300mb sized pdf (25 pages)

I tried opening with my c2d with 2gb ram, and that lags.

Apr 15, 2008 at 2:46 AM Post #62 of 91
Quote:

Originally Posted by TSi /img/forum/go_quote.gif
The thing im actually wondering is... whether their computer or printing machine can handle opening a 300mb sized pdf (25 pages)

I tried opening with my c2d with 2gb ram, and that lags.

Adobe softwares are very slow.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Zuerst /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I'm not sure how long it took to print all 20 pages of them. I printed the pictures out as I was cutting and putting them in frames. I'd say the whole process of printing, cutting, framing, mounting, and adjusting took around 4~5 hours total.

As for the ink... I don't think it even used half of the cartridge... maybe not even a quarter. I printed on regular paper on regular print quality. I got a Canon MX700 for printer.

My canon printer's driver has an option to to print poster and it will automatically split the pictures, it's print in such a way that you can glue one over the other to make a seemless poster or leave it for the frames effect, but white only. Also it keeps the details, I guess I don't have to use the Rasterbate software. The only thing it can't do is print poster is borderless mode. I really want/need one of those a paper slicer, cutting with scissor isn't doing the trick.

Quote:

Originally Posted by xnothingpoetic /img/forum/go_quote.gif
http://metropolitician.blogs.com/scr...maninchair.jpg

Biggest I could find. Might want to put it through photoshop first though.

Going to check kinkos and staples out tomorrow and see about pricing.

I don't have any design experience, but what I do is resize the image to a higher resolution, use the Texturizer's filter, and then resize it back.

Apr 15, 2008 at 2:49 AM Post #63 of 91
Quote:

Originally Posted by terrymx /img/forum/go_quote.gif
My canon printer's driver has an option to to print poster and it will automatically split the pictures, it's print in such a way that you can glue one over the other to make a seemless poster or leave it for the frames effect, but white only. Also it keeps the details, I guess I don't have to use the Rasterbate software.

If you dont rasterbate it (aka... have dots), you're basically missing the whole point of that!

Its cause your suppose to have a picture far away, but when you go close up, its actually all dots!

Apr 15, 2008 at 6:22 AM Post #64 of 91
Quote:

My canon printer's driver has an option to to print poster and it will automatically split the pictures, it's print in such a way that you can glue one over the other to make a seemless poster or leave it for the frames effect, but white only. Also it keeps the details, I guess I don't have to use the Rasterbate software. The only thing it can't do is print poster is borderless mode. I really want/need one of those a paper slicer, cutting with scissor isn't doing the trick.

Mine does too, but it's limited to split to 2 pages, 2x2, 3x3, and 4x4. It's really limiting. And like others said, dots up close gives it a unique look
biggrin.gif

EDIT: you can try a ruler + knife, worked out pretty well in my case.

Apr 15, 2008 at 6:27 AM Post #65 of 91
Quote:

Adobe softwares are very slow.

I dont know what else to use... I tried using both adobe reader AND preview to open it.

unless Im needing to change the format of the pdf to something else, Im pretty sure its gonna crash the copy center's computer.

Apr 19, 2008 at 6:34 PM Post #66 of 91
Here is my rasterpiece, thanks to this thread

Dot Size: 8mm
Dimensions: 5 x 6 Letter Size
Original Pic: here

img0636xh1.jpg

img0635fa8.jpg

(white balance is a bit screwed up on my cam sorry)

I think it might have turned out better if I increased contrast a bit before rastering to make the colours pop a bit more.

Apr 20, 2008 at 4:59 AM Post #67 of 91
Quote:

Originally Posted by TSi /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I dont know what else to use... I tried using both adobe reader AND preview to open it.

unless Im needing to change the format of the pdf to something else, Im pretty sure its gonna crash the copy center's computer.

Foxit reader.

Our school has laser printers that are free to use, b&w only. I am thinking I make a huge one, just print off 10 pages daily before school. Any image suggestions?

Apr 24, 2008 at 7:36 PM Post #68 of 91
Anyone try to take the individual sheets and post them on a painting canvas or something?

I really don't want to hang up ~16-20 frames on my wall for this. Also isn't there a device to connect a bunch of frames together?

Apr 25, 2008 at 2:38 AM Post #70 of 91
Quote:

Originally Posted by MuZI /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Anyone try to take the individual sheets and post them on a painting canvas or something?

I really don't want to hang up ~16-20 frames on my wall for this. Also isn't there a device to connect a bunch of frames together?

Someone else did this...

Raster02.JPG

Mar 8, 2009 at 1:09 AM Post #72 of 91
I've been experimenting with Rasterbator for a few weeks, and I came up with this :

Strangely, all the guys love my door
tongue.gif

I'm really satisfied with the boondock saints one.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back